Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Southern Idaho  (Read 2091 times)

Offline yippeewahoo

• New Bee
Hello from Southern Idaho
« on: May 08, 2009, 12:10:51 am »
I have been very interested in beekeeping for the past several years, and felt that it may have been an out of reach goal waiting to midlife to start, but I did it anyway.  This has been very exilerating, and enlightening, and I wish I would have done it years ago.  I have only been at it a couple weeks, but I feel like I went into another world with the bees, one that before now I didnt think and was too timid to do.  I am excited to find this forum, I look forward to hopefully many years of beekeeping.  I have some plans if this summer goes well, I have been thinking of this for the last 4 years and I am glad to get on with it.  I am raising my bees in a bit of high country, about 5000 ft, but in a mountain canyon, around apple trees, wildflowers, and some farm ground.  I am looking forward to the journey. 
I absolutely love the BEEs, This amazing wonderworld is an incredible learning experience

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Southern Idaho
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:31:11 am »
Hello and Welcome Yippeewahoo
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:22 pm »
North Idaho Greetings and Welcome:
I started a few hives this Spring as well and am having a ton of fun with them...very fascinating.  Be sure to keep us posted on your progress and how things work for you.
-Mike
-Mike

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:51:58 pm »
Yippeewahoo.  There, you are now officially introduced, good.  Welcome to our forum, you will enjoy your time spent with us.  We love new members, we love to listen, to help out, give advice, lots of good stuff.  This will be a place where you can spend great time, tell your stories, tales and experiences, and you will make some new and good friends.  You find you are incredibly interested in the bees, after your two weeks with them -- well, you ain't seen nuthin' yet, wait until you have had a year, or more, as you are desiring.  There is never a dull moment when you work or watch the bees, something always beautiful and wonderful is going on.  Stick around.  Have a great and most awesome day, health and life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:43 am »
Here is some of our other members from Idaho,
   buzz: Hayden Lake, ID
   sangoo: North Idaho
   manybees: Eastern Idaho
   TLWalters: Coeur d'Alene Idaho