Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: how's it look people?  (Read 3841 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
how's it look people?
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:25:02 pm »
Will started to mount it on a trailer before I got hurt. My neighbor decided  to help get it finished. I think it looks great and I will be able to cut 18 foot long boards.

I welded this 1.5 ton winch and am going to install the battery box later. It has a remote so I can load logs without hurting my arm. Now I can take it to the trees instead of being the trees and mess home.

John.

P.S. I'm still out of work after 8 procedures on my shoulder and arm. Doc's  are saying probably  Will have to have at least one more in the next 3-6 months on the shoulder. They want to do another MRI  but think either joint is bad or scare tissue is building up in the joint. Hard to move shoulder and still painful.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
Re: how's it look people?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »
here's the photos. had to resize them.

john

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:28:49 pm »
missed one.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:37:01 pm »
Awesome! Sure hope your shoulder gets better.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 04:00:47 pm »
Disappointing about the shoulder but the mill looks great.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 04:24:55 pm »
Mill looks great, hope your shoulder will be also, soon.

Joe D

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 10:22:39 am »
Looks lots better then mine and I can only cut 13 feet.

Cheers
gww

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »
Looks great John. What diameter logs will it cut and how long?
I almost had a Woodmizer a few years ago. Tried to talk to the guy but he was not home and I was not sure I was at the right address. I checked back 2 weeks later and it was sold for $4000. to a guy that drove all the way from Illinois to buy it. I kick my self for not leaving a note.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 01:19:03 pm »
biggest log sofar was 30 in.. i can cut 18 foots with it now.

gww, you need to get a couple fender wells from northern tool to put over those wheels. when thosebldes slip or break  its like a wild whip with razors flying everywhere.

john

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »
John
I have broke lots of blades and cut lots of wood.  I don't use a resharp sevice and so I usually grind on the blade to sharpen and run to failure.  I cut alone and am in a safe place.  Its not a real issue.  I have extensions that I could add if I wasn't so lazy.  Instead I just find ways to build with shorter boards.  This was one of the last things I built beside bee hives this winter.

It is like 21 foot by 50 foot and already full and I only did it last summer.
Cheers
gww

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 09:00:22 pm »
sweet. thats what i hoping to build with the trees my nieghboe getting ready to cut down. he's taking down 6 trees that 80-100 foot tall and 28-36 dia pines. he want's some posts and i want to add to my wood working shop.

john

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »
Divemaster
All I can say is if you build it build it as big as you can cause it will never be enough.

It is exciting to cut wood and I am sure yours will do better then mine.  So far I have built an 8x10 shed, an out house, raised bed gardens, a club house of sorts (a pavillion over and office trailer with a bed room and deck on top a cedar chest and a head board and the above shed.
Mine don't move though. I hate the stickering and drying worst.  It takes a lot of room and everytime you want a certain board you have to tear down a stack and then re stack it.

It is hard work.

I hope you have as much fun (I think it was fun?) as I have.
I just ordered 20 more blades and have a pile of logs that is going on three years of being on the ground and needs wittled on.
Good luck
gww

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:20:16 am »
I've cut up alot of pine for beehives and cedar for furniture when I first got it 3 years I think now. started to mount it on trailer last April before I got hurt. neighbor finished welding on the jacks and we mounted the head on with backhoe.       I still have 6 big cedar logs to cut up and the other neighbor wants 6 trees down. where going to cut up and divide up the wood. just waiting OK from docs and see what  work wants to do about my job. don't know yet if I can still preform job duties whit the idea that more surgeries are possible. everthing is on hold. don't want to put income at risk because of something stupid because I board and restless. have to look out for the misses and me.

john

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 10:58:51 am »
John
Yes you have had one heck of a set back in life.  I got burned one time that kept me out of work for about 90 days and even that little bit ate up almost all of my savings.  I feel for you.
Good luck
gww

Offline olehunter

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 10:37:14 am »
like your sawmill. when it time in your rehab you might try ti che . the chinese exercise that you may have seen on tv . you may think its foolish but i did it a year . when you do it its easy the first few min .but after an hour you may cry or puke. its hard to recover when your in your late 70s
to stand silent and be considered a fool or to speak and remove all doubt

anything