Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Wes Sapp

• House Bee
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:48 pm »
If the old saying is “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me,” what is said when you are fooled 3 or 4 times? Once again Rossman has managed to ship the wrong product, but not according to them. I ordered assembled 6 1/4 frames with a wedged top, but got grooved (literally). When I called and talked to Rossman about the mistake, they said the assembled frames only come in grooved tops. My question was, well then why does it say on your website to "be sure and specify the style of top bar" and it gives you a drop down menu with the choices of grooved or wedged? See for yourself http://www.gabees.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=36_65&products_id=201&osCsid=0d521bea702086974385282fbbbca2c3 They said that was a mistake on the web site. So instead of contacting me and letting me know that product wasn’t available and giving me, the customer, an option they just sent what they wanted to and according to them there’s nothing that can be done about it. Then we discussed the shipping charges. In the e-mail confirmation it listed the shipping charges at $22 however the invoice that I received had shipping at $32 and their reply was, it was an oversized box. But, I had already visited ups web site and entered the dimensions and weight of the box, and for me to ship it back to Rossman would cost $23. Then I remembered the last order I placed with them where they forgot to apply the quantity discount to the order and I had to call them about that and was told there would be a $12 credit applied to my account to go along with the other credit that was applied because of wrong items shipped in the order before that one. Call me "crazy" but it seems a little odd that I have a $12 credit and the shipping now cost $10 more. Well Rossman has "fooled" me for the last time. They said they would credit my account $6 for the shipping. I told them to keep the credit and take my name off there mailing list because I would not be ordering from them again. I also plan to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau. If you do order from them, always double check or maybe even triple check to make sure things are correct. Has anyone else had a problem with them? They implied that I was the only customer that has experienced problems. Like I spend all day looking at there website trying to find ways to trip them up or some thing. Please!
Wes Sapp

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Re: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:35:22 pm »
No way to prove it or not but 2 years ago I ordered 5 packages.  I didn't hear anything from them until a couple days before when I received notice that my 1 package was going to arrive on such and such a date.  !@#$% WHAT!?!?!  Now, I make mistakes just like everyone else does, but to this day, I KNOW I ordered 5 packages and not 1.  Like I said though.  No way to prove it.  I only got the one and I made it into 4 last summer.  Good for me, bad for them (if it really was their mistake).  I do double check my packages quantities if I order from them anymore, but now that I have a bunch of hives, I'll be doing splits from now on. 
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:08:55 pm »
Sorry to hear both of you had problems. I for one will have to say I never have had any problems, but I drive there and pick my stuff up. Hope it all works out.

Offline sonnybee

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:15:42 am »
Always treated me right!

Offline Grant11

• New Bee
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 09:45:47 am »
Try Mannlake never had a problem.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 11:14:17 am »
I purchased all of my hive bodies, supers, bottom boards, inner covers, stands, and outer covers from Rossman.  I have places three orders with them this year........one just 4-5 weeks ago.  I haven't had any problems with them and have been very pleased with their products.

Purchased my frames and foundation from Brushy Mountain............no problems either.

Purchased my suit, smoker, and other stuff from Betterbee............no problems other than being a little late (but I understand that since we're in the middle of the season!).

I just placed another order with Betterbee this week....................we'll see how it goes!

Sorry for your orders being messed up!

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:54:03 pm »
I've only had 2 places that I didn't have a real problem develop that They didn't take care of immediately.....Western Bee and Bushy Mtn.

Mann Lake, depends on which unit ships to you, their Chico, CA. outlet, is error prone--always have 1 or more items missing.
Dadant, makes mistakes but will corrent them, eventually.
Walter T. Kelley takes forever sometimes and their customer service rep doesn't seem to fully understand beekeeping.

The others have varying results.  I've never ordered from Rossman and don't plan to, they had a bad rep years ago and it soured a lot of beeks back then.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline papabear

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:12:41 am »
I have always used mannlake. the only problem was an item was shipped and when it arrived it was damaged in the shipping. I called them about it thay said keep it and they were sending another asap. I was not expecting to keep it but return it, they said fix it if i could or throw it away.  AAA+++
"IF YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR U, YOU WILL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."

Offline Dubhe

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:32:17 pm »
A member of my bee club picked up packages from Rossman's & they were some of the best bees I ever had.  Booming with a hugh surplus crop the first season.  I've received USPS shipped packages from them with good result also.  Good communication & no problems.

Offline Wes Sapp

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 11:29:45 pm »
The first two years of dealing with Rossman were fine, no problems. It's been the last 4 orders that there's been some thing wrong each time and their unwillingness to correct the problem is what gets me. I also trade with Brushy Mt. and the only problem I've had with them was they called on a Monday about a order I placed that Friday to let me know a item was back order and wouldn't ship until the end of the week(big problem). Brushy Mt. will be getting my money from now on!!!
Wes Sapp

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:10:11 am »
He's been to Aiken a couple of times hasn't he. Well he didn't make it the first had an accident. He later shipped the items on order and paid the freight. The second time he delivered the items free of charge and did a presentation to the club!!!
At least I think -- I had to work.
John 3:16