Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ventrilo a la Oz  (Read 19081 times)

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Re: Ventrilo a la Oz
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 08:10:14 am »
Could I have some feedback please on whether anyone would attend an Australia Day Ventrilo a la Oz?  That is, for our international cousins, Tuesday the 26th of January. 

I would like to cancel it for this Friday and have the Australia Day session instead.

Any suggestions?  We could all bring an aussie joke or song, and maybe Slicko can finally let us out of our misery and reveal Maginnis Magee's name, at long last!  Maybe we could have a quiz.  Or a spot of backyard cricket even?  An aussie accent competition?  We could talk about native bees.  Please come up with some ideas!

Of course..all the adopted aussies would be welcome.   We could teach Bud and Irwin how to say g'day.  Beecanbee would be indispensible for his collection of aussie jokes. 

Wear your green and gold, boys and girls...next Tuesday the 26th, at 8pm YT, 7pm Brissy time, ML and Slicko, and sometime earlier WA, SA and NT.

Lone

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:18 pm »
   Onya Lone. Great idea. I am supposed to be elsewhere early in the day but with some luck and the laptop I should be able to give the Yankees and Confederates a whirl about midday.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 03:12:50 am »
Geoff,

That is a good idea.  It's a public holiday, so we could change the time on the 26th to 1200 yinnar time.  I think that is 8pm EST america.

Lone

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 02:16:10 am »
I have previously educated the yanks on Australia Day. They will be in ventrillo around 10am to 1pm. We have sing song, drinkies, poems and lots more Invasion Day fun.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2010, 06:24:32 am »
If yous two blokes are coming into ventrilo 2 hours apart, then how bout we have the sheilas hour at 11am yinnar time! 

And for yous lot what hasn't used ventrilo before or used it recently, I hope yous can give it a burl.  There is info on the forum on how to download the proggie.

Anyway, I reckon I should have it on sometime in the morning, so happy Australia Day for those who can't make it then.

Lone

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 03:00:29 am »
    Lots of good Australia Days since the 26th of January.
   Yinnar bowlers won 2 premierships last Saturday. Never been done before.
    Grandson and yours truly undefeated all season in our rink.
     Grand-dad felt like bragging , so he did. 17 and 74 was a good combination

Quotes from the local rag :-   In division three, played at Traralgon, Yinnar finally broke through for a long awaited pennant win.

It won 102-95 over Yallourn in a very tight game.

The small Yinnar club returned to form in the finals to record two wins over Yallourn who had thumped it late in the home and away season.

Yinnar's winners were Tony Hendriks, who beat Ray Mellon 31-24 and Jake Whitelaw, with grandfather Geoff as his third, who won 33-18 against Alan Luck. His father Tom and Uncle Neil drew 22-all with John Leicester, while Yallourn's winner was Robert Goldie, who beat Bernie Beschle 31-16 to keep Yallourn right in the game.

Division six was played at Yallourn and in a tightly contested affair Yinnar beat Morwell 71-66 to make it a double for the Yinnar club.

Yinnar won on two rinks with Albert Dietrich beating Lindsay Dowe by just one shot, 20-19 and Ray Anstey won 34-18 over Roy French.

Morwell's winner was Trevor Curtis who beat Trevor Berryman 29-17 in a solid display.

So Yinnar the centre of the universe is back on the map !!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:19:54 am by Geoff »

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 08:14:03 am »
Congratulations Geoff, but where IS Yinnar??

I haven't seen much activity in ventrilo a la oz time recently, and I've only been able to join late the last few weeks.  Is anyone interested in continuing a regular time .. or should we resurrect this friday session for special occasions only? 

Lone who talks to herself often enough anyway  :)

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 08:44:02 am »
Good work Geoff + grandson

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2010, 04:26:28 am »
        How about a few more Aussies getting on to Ventrilo. It is still the quick way to get answers to any problems.

Postings indicating a suitable time for most people would be a good start.

G, day Lone and Mick. Where are you?.

Geoff.

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2010, 05:21:30 am »
Howdt fellow ockers, the internet connection I have is slow so there won't be much conversing. maybe when our "Kev" rolls out the new affordable broadband network in the near future more of us from the deep bush will be able to join the live goings on.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 05:45:31 am »
         Even if your connection is slow Mardak you should be able to make some contact. Some people just listen in and use the text facility to reply which works OK.
        If you download the program (free) and need any help just give us a call using a PM on the forum.
    Geoff.