Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Where do you get updated on beekeeping news?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Where do you get updated on beekeeping news?
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:50:16 pm »
As you maybe have seen in the reprint section, I'm building a beekeeping news site to keep track on beekeeping news from around the world.  

The thing is it has been a bit harder to find relevant news than I thought.  I've been using self made software to monitor news aggregating services like google news (which covers all major online news papers) and other RSS aggregating sites, but on average I see only one or two interesting news each day.  That may not be too bad, but I'd like to find more interesting beekeeping related news.

So here is the question:  How do you keep yourself updated when it comes to bees?  Do you guys have some nice news sites I may have missed? In this forum I often see very interesting news that I have missed and wonder if you ave some secret news sources to shere :-) Any help or suggestions on where to find good sources, or how to make my news site better would be really appreciated!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 04:33:25 pm »
Professor TwT !

You have quite a impressive and interesting catalogue from you information sources.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 04:39:16 pm »
Quote from: Finsky
Professor TwT !

You have quite a impressive and interesting catalogue from you information sources.

aw just like to stay up to date Finsky, might find something new one day  :lol:  :wink: , it is good reading at times!!

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 06:01:46 pm »
Wow! I just made a quick glance before I go to bed, and this list sure looks interesting!  Thanks a lot Ted!!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:42:02 am »
Glad to help "E", I got a another one but cant find it right now, some of those sites above dont update alot but they have alot of links on info and research, the top one he always post something every week but is on a month long vacation right now...

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:56:24 pm »
like on this site it looks like it has just pictures but it has stories also every day , heres the site and 2 stories from today (31st)  http://beenews.net/

http://www.timescommunity.com/site/tab5.cfm?newsid=17131479&BRD=2553&PAG=461&dept_id=506096&rfi=6

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/cgi-bin/ppo-story/localnews/current/de/08-31-06-1014519.html

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 05:45:15 am »
Thanks again for all help, TwT.  Most of these pages didn't support RSS, but I set up a script to report about changes in a list of web addresses so I still can discover the news early.  

My list of interesting RSS's is getting big, and today my script checked 1259 news from the RSS's and gave me a list of 20 news from which I select all the news I find interesting and post it on apinews.  But I still find interesting news that I have missed in the reprint archive and other places, so therefore it is a great help for me to get your lists of good news sites so I can get a more complete list of relevant news each day.  So thanks again TwT!

Offline wayne

• House Bee
sites
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 05:40:59 pm »
http://www.hoosierbuzz.com/indexnew.html

Indiana beeks site. Has member reports that are a good read.

wayne
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.