1 (3.1%)
cows
1 (3.1%)
rabbits
1 (3.1%)
bees
8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: favorite farm animal?  (Read 9220 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:11:41 am »
I myself love my goats. If there are any I forgot just tell me, lol, hope not, lol
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 12:32:00 am »
That's a tough one Ryan. I don't know if I've been around enough farm animals to decide.
As you know, I'm getting goats soon...... and really looking forward to it. I think baby goats are about the cutest things ever! I love the noises they make, and goats definately have a different kind of personality.

But one farm animal I have a lot of respect for is a mule. They can be stubborn, but I found that every time the one's I dealt with got stubborn, it was for a very good reason. Mules never do anything stupid or without reason. I used mules when doing volunteer work for the wyoming forest services as a kid, and they amazed me. They were slow, but that was ok because they never got lost. They could SMELL the trail that the horses had let. We were in the middle of nowhere (just me at 17 and two mules) - no marked trail - the mules got left behind because of slowness - and those mules used there noses to follow the horses. Also, they were the last to cross a creek. The horses would just trod right on, stumbling over rocks in the water. Nearly falling on their faces or breaking a leg. But the mules waited until the water was clear of cloudy mud, and actually looked where they put their feet. Each step was that way, but it made me feel confident that I was on a smart animal that would keep me safe.

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:43:14 am »
I love my main mule doc, he is 16 hands high, he is great and yes very smart.
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

favorite farm animal?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 10:47:15 am »
It's hard to chose just one. I like my tree toads a lot and find them in some strange places at times, such as inside theis PVC tube there are 3.

On this oil bottle funnel I has setting beside the barn.

Of course my honey bees.

The white tail deer, makes country life pleasant too.

:D Al

Anonymous

favorite farm animal?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 11:04:20 am »
Just so many to chose from.

Like this life worn butterfly.

The puppies who have a ready smile all the time.

The heron that wades the pond and creek looking for a meal.

And the humming birds.

If you can chose a favorite your a much better person than I.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 01:51:33 pm »
The only creature I can "FARM" here are Night Crawlers and an occasional walking stick (which are really cool - just finding one is a treat) but the worms are very abundant in the Spring and Fall and cooler Summer nights here.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 02:28:49 pm »
Yes those are all great and I like the toads and white tails myself, but I am talking about animals you RAISE on a farm, Deer, elk, moose, and bufflo aso are included.
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 02:37:45 pm »
Ryan:

If I choose to herd or draft my even attempt to milk my worms  :shock:  and it makes me feel like a farmer, then I'll do it  :roll:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 02:51:26 pm »
lol, ok John. What you herdn today partner, my worms, watch out!!! Stampeed!!!!
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

favorite farm animal?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 05:16:50 pm »
Had an ant farm once but the cottom picking things got rambuncs and broke out. All attempts to round them up failed, seems the horses kept stepping on em and the ropes just wouldn't hold em either.
YEHA.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 07:52:44 pm »
funny
Ryan Horn

Offline ibeecanadian

• New Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 11:02:05 pm »
i dont live on a farm, but if i did i would say goats. i like goats cheese plus i would never need to cut the grass.  :lol:

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 12:21:24 am »
Al-
All of those pictures are fantastic! I especially liked the frog on the plasic bottle. :)
Thank you for that - it put a smile on my face.

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 02:05:48 am »
goats are a very multi purpose animal, that is why I like them. Pbob is they are foragers, not grazers. Thus they rather eat old leaves, tree bark, and hay rather grass.
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

favorite farm animal?
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 10:54:11 am »
:) Thanks Beth.  :roll: To see more of Kare and alley's critter collection minus a few go here.

http://beemaster.com/garden/viewtopic.php?t=99

:cry: some I havn't gotten posted yet. Like the humming bird pictures. We had computer troubles about the time I took them.
 8) I like the humming bird pictures because they are so hard to get to stay in one spot for a picture. I also like the herons for the same reason. The deer are great but come so close to the house they are eaiser.

Offline Pappy

• New Bee
favorite farm animal
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 09:17:29 pm »
I would have to say goats, especially alpine goats. goat milk fudge and homemade cheeses are a big plus.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 09:34:08 am »
Goat milk is so easy to digest too. If you cant have cows milk maybe you should try goats, that is what my sisters friend had to do. I like the goat milk cheese on my tacos and we make the fudge in the winter. Bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline billruble

• New Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 06:16:19 pm »
I'd send a picture of my Mammoth donkey if I knew how, but don't.   She is 2 and a half years old and is 15.2 hands tall.    she is a dandy and just like a puppy when it comes to wanting attention.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Bill

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 06:03:48 pm »
I want to mix a mamoth donkey and draft horse so I can have a giant mule! :lol:  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Ondrej Javorka

• Brood
    • Blog
favorite farm animal?
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 12:17:04 pm »
bees are the best  8)