Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You East Coasters survive that storm (Robo) ?  (Read 6400 times)

Beaches Bee-Haven Apiary

Re: You East Coasters survive that storm (Robo) ?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 10:46:23 pm »
It's rainin' here! Yessssss :lol: It's been raining since noon and we're really soaking it in! Thanks guys for sending some down!

-Nathanael 8-)
http://beachesbeehaven.com

Offline Hopeful

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 05:23:26 pm »
Though it was freezing this morning, it has warmed up into the 50s. I checked on the girls and they were very active flying around outside the hives and working the entrances. All hives look intact. I only assume they are eating from the candy boards, since I did not open anything. Whew! I hope to not become a nervous wreck over all this every time the weather goes sour. :)
"And this is life eternal...." "John 17:3

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 05:52:16 pm »
I am happy for you now. I know how that feels when you finally see them again after worrying about them. I know you have an unusual situation in that they really need to eat the candy to get through the winter. I pray for some warmer days for you now so they can eat lots and build up.

Sending prayers your way.

Annette

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 09:01:25 pm »
I was reading my Farmers Almanac last evening and if I recall they are calling for a bit warmer March and April this year. I am really looking forward to the spring with lots of plants, flowers and bees!! The best part of 8 inches of snow on top of the ice is taking the grand-daughter out for a spin on the tobaggan (sp) behind the 4 wheeler in the front yard. She and Memaw (grandma) have a blast while Grandpa drives!
I think the bees are all curled up in the hives just relaxin'.

DennisB

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 10:04:19 am »
Dennis, that is so cute about your Granddaughter and you guys, gotta love these little ones, eh?  Have a great and wonderful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything