Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Discovery's last launch  (Read 4738 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Discovery's last launch
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:09:13 pm »
Yesterday was gorgeous day! Temps in the 80s and nary a cloud.

Last shuttle launch_0001.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Discovery's last launch
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 04:34:02 pm »
Thanks for the video.    I missed the launch.   I remember year and years ago when the first shuttle launched.   We were in elementary school and they put our class in the floor with a bunch of other classes to watch the launch around one old fuzzy TV that was there.   Thanks again.   

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 04:38:17 pm »
oh, what a young thing you are!  :-)

it was great, but a little sad.  my oldest called and reminded me to turn it on and i'm glad he did. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:20:59 pm »
Thanks Scott, brings back some memories.  Last time I saw one live, Reagan was in office.

And oh yeah….congratulations on that first swarm! 

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »
Awesome, Thank you.
I didn't get to see it today.
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 12:17:20 am »
Videos really can't do a space launch justice. The roar of the rocket(s), although not translated well by the camera is awesome! If you can get close enough you can feel the heat of the burn on your face.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:06:56 am »
 :'( last one. I saw a saturnV launch from Kissimmee in the 90s- and even from there it was COOL! My wife really wanted to go see the last launch, but I think we didn't hear about it in time.
Makes me kind sick that they aren't building updated shuttles, and the Mars mission was cancelled. (Especially since there were some bankers who got bailed out and went right back to partying it up.)
be happy and make others happy.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 01:33:34 pm »
Original video was pulled, so here's one, kinda cool. http://www.wimp.com/shuttlelaunch/

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:20:24 pm »
I don't know who the heck pulled it, but here it is again. Anyone else having issues with youtube?

Last shuttle launch.wmv

Scott
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:14:55 pm by hardwood »

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 10:43:54 am »
I don't know who the heck pulled it, but here it is again. Anyone else having issues with youtube?

Last shuttle launch.wmv

Scott
I know what happened it was pay back for your missleading video subject line about Peggy's Short's.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 11:38:27 am »
This is the closest I've come to watching your video Scott. I see you and Peggy & one of your kids? you say a few words then the video gets hung up at the 18 second mark and just buffers for days.

Will try again later cause I really want to see this video.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 11:45:33 am »
Loaded fine that time, thanks for posting. Sad to think that is the last flight.

A million lbs of thrust, did I hear that correctly? Simply amazing!

...JP

anything