Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone want bees in a log? (Iowa)  (Read 2122 times)

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
Anyone want bees in a log? (Iowa)
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »
If anyone south of DesMoines, Iowa want some bees in a piece of driftwood, let me know and I will give you a lady's number.  She said I could take the whole thing.  It sounds small, maybe 2' by 1'.  She is not willing to pay to have them removed.  Would be a three hour trip for me, not really something I want to do.  She said she had an exterminator out that I.D.d them as honeybees.  I can't guarantee that they are not yellowjackets though. 

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Anyone want bees in a log? (Iowa)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:10:01 pm »
Driftwood in Iowa???? I guess we have differing definitions.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:59:10 am »
Yeah, as someone who grew up on the shore of Lake Erie, I agree with you, but here in Iowa it seems to be any barkless piece of wood with an interesting shape.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »
Can you get us some pics of this driftwood?    Maybe that would help.

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »
I will contact her and see if I can get pics.

JC