Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New queens  (Read 2601 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
New queens
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »
Ok just got done watching the beeworks queen video.....Very good video.... My question is is there that much demand for queens?

also what do you do if you dont have buyers at that time, just keep the new queens in the mating hives till needed? if so that sounds like a swarm waiting to happen....

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: New queens
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »
Demand for queen?   There's one in almost every hive.   Queen producers take orders all winter long and schedule queen production for summer sales so they can go out on the ship dates.   

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »
nice ...there is one in almost every hive....gotta love ya guys....  so would southwestern pa stock be a good seller for the cold regions?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »
Yes

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:52:06 am »
nice ...there is one in almost every hive....gotta love ya guys....  so would southwestern pa stock be a good seller for the cold regions?

Probably be a heckuva lot better acclimated than ones from south Georgia.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37:44 am »
this queen I have in this one hive , she is just DABOMB as the young kids say LOL

full frames of eggs not one cell missed, and wow did they winter so very well, had a very strong hive at the beginning of spring.

I would be willing to give a couple of queens away to see what you experienced guys think...

@Michael Bush ... do you wanna try a buckfast queen again?

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:16:31 am »

I would be willing to give a couple of queens away to see what you experienced guys think...

I dont exactly fall into the 'experienced guy' category, but I would be willing to do a queen swap if you are interested. Mine are mutts-Russian,Italian, Caucausian and Feral crossed.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 11:22:26 am »
since I am new to this if you just pay for the shipping and the queen cage I will give away the first few queens, and tell me how they do.

this is open to anyone, I was thinking of limiting it to 20 queens, and hopefully only one per sample? what do you think guys?/Gals?

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:25:30 am »
Ill send you a pm

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:54:41 am »
Don't know that I wouldn't experiment with it myself before I went giving them away.  Everybody wants something for free but they also want to blame you for anything that goes wrong.  I know the best screw ups people have done for me were done with the best of intentions.  Just a word of caution before you get too far ahead of yourself. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:45 pm »
Iguess as always in today age, there will have to be a disclaimer... and everyone will have to sign it and send it back ......what a world we live in today....

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »

I dont exactly fall into the 'experienced guy' category, but I would be willing to do a queen swap if you are interested. Mine are mutts-Russian,Italian, Caucausian and Feral crossed.
How do you know? :-D

Offline Greg watkevich

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »
Slacker did you get my PM/  I'll try one.  I am in need of a queen right now.  Get back to me and I will give you my address and info. Will also post feedback for you.
Thanks Greg

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »
I wonder if a northern queen would work here in Georgia..................... :-D

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 10:26:27 pm »
Allan.... I am telling you the lay pattern on this babe is incredible... maybe other queens do this all the time, but the whole frame front and back all brood numerous frames.  and she got the hive through the winter like a champ... the hive was very strong coming into spring... I would just keep her myself, but I dont wanna waist all the other queens... I know I could just do one or two, but......

anything