Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trap out from tree  (Read 2151 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Trap out from tree
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »
I picked up a nice little swarm on Tuesday about 6' up on the side of a large oak tree. The customer then showed me a bee tree (mother colony maybe?) about 30 feet or so from the swarm. There's a hole about 15' up that her husband had tried to stop up with spray foam but the bees just chewed through it and were coming and going gangbusters! They want the bees gone, but want to save the tree so I told them I'd do a trap out. The problem is sealing up the hole afterward. The hole is maybe 5"wide and 8" tall. I was thinking that I might use the spray foam too only screen it with 1/8" hardware cloth first....maybe after as well. Anyone have any thoughts?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Trap out from tree
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:14:31 pm »
Quik-crete.... Ready mix concrete.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:06:19 pm »
Great idea iddee! Consider it done!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:52:20 am »
This is what I use: http://www.uscoldpatch.com/

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com