Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newcomer in west central Indiana  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Randy Nichols

• Brood
Newcomer in west central Indiana
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

Just checking in. I am just starting out this year. I have assembled two 8 frame hives and ordered my package bees and also most of the common meds to start out with. Have read several books some old some new and also have been following forums and such. Still lots to learn and do.
  Randy.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Newcomer in west central Indiana
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »
Welcome Randy!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Randy.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Randy.  You may also want to check about a local bee club.  Good luck

Joe

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:17:37 am »
Welcome!   Let us know where you're from.    I'm located in Greene County near Solsberry.   [25 miles SW of Bloomington.  Ish.]   
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:27 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I'll second the recommendation to get involved with a local club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers. There are a lot of great beekeepers in the West Central club - here's  a list of clubs and contact info:
http://www.in.gov/dnr/entomolo/files/ep-beekeeper_assoc.pdf

Also, the State Beekeepers meet at Purdue every summer for a field day in the Purdue bee yards. We'll be meeting on June 22nd this year. No info on the website yet since we just had our spring meeting this past weekend, but check back from time to time (we have a complete website overhaul coming soon):
http://www.hoosierbuzz.com/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:36:16 am »
Welcome to the forum Randy.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything