Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Elk in the Smokey Mountains  (Read 3642 times)

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
Elk in the Smokey Mountains
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »
Found this video on my camera from last summer been meaning to upload it and just never did.  Hope you guys enjoy it i must admit that the picture quality isn't that great until it gets reviewed but it was show in 1080p if you guys want to wait.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zHjkWFd7pmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
Re: Elk in the Smokey Mountains
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »
Wow.

That is one horny guy  :-D

Youtube was a little blurry, but it looks at least a 6 X 6. Nice.

Jay

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:12:05 pm »
He kinda looked a little on the thin side to me.  Wouldn't know as that's the first Elk bull i've seen that wasn't on TV.  Saw a lady get a ticket for getting out of her car too close to him.  Which was kinda stupid with a park ranger standing right there go figure some people can't resist.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:13 pm »
These animals are beautys.It is tough to remember they are wild beasts when viewing as you did . Just awesome anytime I see them!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
Got a ticket for getting out of the car?    I had a bull walk up on me one year in the Routt National Forest.  15 foot, maybe less.    No lie.   I would have wet my pants, but I had just watch some cows cross above me on the ridge and I set my rifle against a tree and was taking a leak when he popped out over the ridge and walked right up to see me.   I zipped up as he turned to walk downhill and dropped him. 

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:39:59 pm »
Yeah not suppost to get out within a hundred yards of them.  I guess they are trying to keep people from feeding them.  But it's clearly posted as you enter from the Maggie Valley, NC side of the park.  My cousin had a cooler confiscated by a ranger when he went to the bathroom and left is unattended.  It's getting a bit crazy at what they do to try and seperate people and animals.  I honestly thought the whole point was to go and see animals.

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:51:31 pm »
I had a bull walk up on me one year in the Routt National Forest.

Shhhhhhh, folks aren't supposed to know Routt is any good. Keep them going to Rifle instead.  :-D

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:29:01 am »
here is the HD version for some odd reason when i uploaded it the thing didn't upload in 1080p may have been the sony software but anyways here is the fixed higher resolution video

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bG3tcWRDaaw?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anything