Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hi every1  (Read 2937 times)

Offline giant pumpkin peep

• New Bee
hi every1
« on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »
I am from columbus,ohio and I am 14 years old. I have one hive, and I grow giant pumpkins.
I like pumpkins!

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
Re: hi every1
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:19:04 pm »
 :-D  Welcome to the forum.  Lots of info here!  I'm sure you will enjoy your bees.  Good Luck and Have Fun!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:38:09 pm »
Hello and Welcome giant pumpkin peep
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Jerry/Judy

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:01:22 pm »
Welcome Giant Pumpkin Peep.  Glad to have you on board.  This is a wonderful site. We have only been members for a few days ourselves and everyone has been of tremendous help already.  You will learn alot and I am sure we can also learn from you.  ... Judy

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:06:46 pm »
Hello there and welcome! I think I recognize your name from BYC which means you would be a chicken keeper as well. Am I correct?

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
I wish I kept chickens. where in the city with 3 dogs and a small yard.
I like pumpkins!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:07 pm »
You have either a very similar name or its the same as someone on a chicken forum.
There is always enough room in the yard for a few chickens. :-D
I have 5 dogs so I hear ya but they can be trained to leave the hens alone.
I have one that is actually scared of them and runs when the hens come toward him.
Anyway, what is the story with the pumpkins? Do you compete and all that?
I love those big pumpkin contests.
How much room do you have for growing them?

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:05 pm »
I ahve wanted to compete. Last year I didn't know much and this year I got powdery mildew really bad.  :'(     I only have room for one plant and I have to put all my eggs in one basket.  :'(  :'(  :'(
I like pumpkins!

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 10:02:30 pm »
Hello and Welcome giant pumpkin peep .
Bobby

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05:31 pm »
Welcome to our forum:

Thank you for taking the time to join our forum, you will find that there are several young members all around your age are young beekeepers both new and senior beekeepers even at such a young age.

Just thinking back, it was when I was 14 that I begin beekeeping, I've learned it through a classmate of mine who was the son of a state naturalist.

He kept 11 beehives on his property and one afternoon, I was invited to assist my friend in collecting honey from his beehives!  This, was the beginning of my lifetime copy of beekeeping.

Just as technical note, I am typing this using my voice only, often use Microsoft voice recognition software to type most of my posts-so I thought you being younger person, you would enjoy a this interesting way to communicate hands free.  I wish that most cell phone and PDA applications allows such easy interface.

So enjoy the forum and I am sure that you will enjoy our wonderful membership, collectively we have thousands of years of beekeeping experience, that is a very good start for anyone either new to beekeeping, or at least a very good reference location.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 09:38:23 pm »
being younger person, you would enjoy a this interesting way to communicate hands free

I know some people who have those. I am much lower tech than many of my class mates. which isn't hard to do. I don't text on my phone, and I don't know how to crack the schools website filter system,and I don't use my phone every waking minute of the day.
I like pumpkins!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:24:28 am »
I just wanted to add, there is nothing wrong with being an indevidual in todays Clone Wars. Be yourself, beat your own drum in life and do what is fun for you to do no matter what others think.

People with individual thinking often are the greastest minds and most depended upon people when the world needs them. I have had nearly every computer gadget since 1985 or so, long before the Voic-20 and the Commodore 64, I have owned or used all the PC tech stuff at one time at another and it has all been fun, but at the end of the day - I'd rather sit home and watch a movie with my wife.

I surely didn't mean to sterotype you because of your age, but I'd gladly love to be around aother 50 years or so to see what fascinating technologies hit the market place.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 10:30:32 am »
GiantPumpkinPeep.  Welcome to our forum, so great you found us.  Growing giant pumpkins, now how cool is that!!!  I bet your bees have fun going deep into those pumpkin flowers.  Stick around, we love new members.  You will also make some new friends.  Have a most awesomely wonderful day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything