Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my ink  (Read 2195 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
my ink
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:23:59 pm »
here is a photo of my 1st tattoo. I was 24 years old. Left inner ankle.

next was a bracelet around my right wrist when I was 27
view1

view2

next was a flower chain down the lateral aspects of my right calf age 27

next I went with an Om symbol inside a sunflower on my left forearm (meaning of OM = "Before the beginning, the Brahman (absolute reality) was one and non-dual. It thought, "I am only one -- may I become many." This caused a vibration which eventually became sound, and this sound was Om. Creation itself was set in motion by the vibration of Om. The closest approach to Brahman is that first sound, Om. Thus, this sacred symbol has become emblematic of Brahman just as images are emblematic of material objects.
The vibration produced by chanting Om in the physical universe corresponds to the original vibration that first arose at the time of creation. The sound of Om is also called Pranava, meaning that it sustains life and runs through Prana or breath. Om also represents the four states of the Supreme Being. The three sounds in Om (AUM) represent the waking, dream and deep sleep states and the silence which surrounds Om represents the "Turiya" state.")

I have another group of sunflowers on my lower neck upper back, will have to wait to get phot of that, it is too hard to get a good one by myself.

I have plans of adding hives and honeybees and more flowers to my arms and back. I would love to have full sleeves and my back done someday.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: my ink
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:48:37 am »
organicgrl37.  You have some very colourful and impressive tats.  I bet it looks really good when you have a full body picture.  I have always been intrigued by tatoos.  I watch Miami Ink all the time.  Try and get someone to take a picture of the one on your back, or stand infront of a mirror, then that might work better for you if you can't get someone.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything