Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: cutout in lutcher  (Read 2222 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
cutout in lutcher
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:22:32 am »
ok, i got back from bud's sunday nite and this cutout was done the next day.i had 2 cutouts to do that day,the first was at a plant 6 miles from my house.as allways i couldn't film or take pics .the cutout went great ,saving the hive is allways a good thing.the queen was a giant.the second was close to my home and it  was an exterior hive.it went well on this cutout.2 very good queens that i like .i put them in my rehab yard and will keep an eye on them.sorry about the vids being in parts . i hope i  will lern how to get them in 1 vid.so  on.   ...schawee  cutout in lutcher part 1   cutout in lutcher part 2   cutout in lutcher part 3   cutout in lutcher part4
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
Re: cutout in lutcher
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:15:31 am »
That gives me the chills
Tell me the power was not on those wires you where leaning on  :shock:

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:32 am »
I was just about to post a question about power lines and bee removal.
I had a lady call me about removing a hive that is entering the wall at the base of her electric meter. I told her I didn't know anyone that would touch it without the power cut off at the pole.

Schawee should I call her back and tell her I found her the fried fritter that will do it with the power on :)

If that power was still on at least it looks like in LA all three wire are shielded here in my neck of the wood of MS that is not always the case we normally have one exposed and that one will light you butt on fire.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:15:40 pm »
So let me get this right, I found the queen on my cut out because she heard your voice and came out?  :-D Hey, I saw that fat queen you got 3 seconds into your first video. What took you so long???  :-D

Great job good friend.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 02:19:53 pm »
High voltage power cables won't stop Schawee from rescuing some bees!  :-D
External colony removals are fun!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:22:12 pm »
One you are electrified by the electrical service and not grounded, it acts like a shield to keep the bees off you.   Notice he never put his veil on and we know bees like to attack.   Just something to ponder. 

(Notice: don't try this at home.  Electricity will hurt you. )

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:18 am »
trust me ,i wasn't in any danger .i love to save bees but my life is more important,i would never risk my life in any way to save bees.allen you let my secret out :-D     ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything