Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Bees Australia  (Read 3965 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
My Bees Australia
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:22:13 am »
pic deleted as I have been looking around and realise its not that good.
About to land.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Frames
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:23:49 am »

These pics were taken in November 2005 and show what they had been up to on traditional foundation and my dodgy framing after a couple of months. I am keen for people to tell me what is actually going on here. The comb looks so white, is that normal, and those cells in the last pic, what are they?

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
My Bees Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:55:23 am »
New white wax is normal.  Usually indicates there is a flow going on.  The bullet shaped capped cells look like drone brood from here.  Looks like they reworked your foundation a bit to get what they wanted.  Looks like a pretty small colony.  A division board might work in their favor until they build up some.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
My Bees Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 03:54:23 am »
Thanks for the info golf! This weekend I plan to add another empty box on top in case they are running out of room in there which I suspect they might be. I will add the frames as soon as the pro has wired em and embedded the foundation for me.

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
My Bees Australia
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:54:33 am »
Quote from: mick
Thanks for the info golf! This weekend I plan to add another empty box on top in case .

If first box is that empty, there is no reason to put more sapce. They should first build this box first. And new bees should first emerge a lot.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
My Bees Australia
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 03:03:35 am »
The pics were taken in November, I have checked the box and its indeed time to add another. All 8 frames appear to be full and they are beginning to use the walls etc. Sorry for the confusion.

anything