Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The man that loves to build, a happy wife makes a happy life!!!  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The man that loves to build, a happy wife makes a happy life!!!
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:18 am »
My wonderful Husband was up to more building.  Many of you probably feel like you know him as well as you know me, hee, hee.  I do tell the tales of the things that he does to make my life with the birds and the bees so much easier.  That poor man, he had built, torn down, rebuilt, redesigned so many things (in particular with the bees), it would make ya head swim.  But he still keeps on building and designing.  Got some things down to pretty near perfect now  :shock: :-D :).

He built a mini-chicken house for me, one that we can put on  our truck when we move and just plop down any old where we want.  It is 4X6, will house a few chickens, but for now is being used for the chicks that are old enough now to head outside to the wild blue yonder.  And that they have done. They were 7 weeks old, completely done that 6 week old moult and look quite like actual pullets and cockerals now.   He has constructed the frame from 2 X 3 so it is a bit lighter to pull around, but it is still rather heavy, two people can manage it, with the handles on the sides, which are taken off after moving it.  He built it in his garage and then we pulled it all the way to the back.  It took us about 15 minutes, but we got there.  It is just a perfect little size and the wheels really do add to the charm of being able to move it around easily. Since these pictures, we have made the cutest little yard for them, adjacent to their mamma and daddy.  Not that chicks know who these are, but they have lots of older chicken company.  Enjoy the pics and have that wonderful and most awesomely great day, with that beautiful health.  Cindi

A job so well done, smiling

Had to have a window and a door

Carried inside a nice warm jacket, into the new home

Inside the new home

I'll add some more pictures as I get them sorted out, they were up to some funny antics over the next few days.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: The man that loves to build, a happy wife makes a happy life!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:41:23 am »
Now y'all can have chicken buggy races! I think that's Ken, but not quite sure, never really seen him with hair before, that him?

Tell him, nice chicken buggy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:43:46 am »
   Hey Cindi ,  That should definitely qualify as a chicken "coupe "  .  Remember , if it has more than two doors , it's a sedan . :-D
Seriously , that is a very clever design , it should serve you and your birdies well .  So good to see a husband /wife team working together as you two do .
Harmony is beautiful in music and marriage as well .  Let the song play on and on .                               ---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »
JP, yep, that's Ken. He decided to grow his hair a bit for the winter, his head gets so cold.  He has had it shaven for 10 years and lo and behold, at 57, he still has a full head of hair.  Think he is going to shave it off pretty soon, think he looks younger with it bald (and so does he), it is a wild head of hair!!!  Burl, you are so full of those puns, it makes me smile.  Beautiful days, love our lives, and share them with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:30:31 pm »
I know several guys who grow hair (all over, head and face!) for the winter and then go completely bald for the summer.  I wouldn't know my hubby without his wonderful, full beard, though!  Very neat coop, Cindi, I have to ask, is the house on the market but not moving?

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:06:37 pm »
Cindi you are a lucky woman for sure!  That is such a great looking "coupe" as Burl said!  JP since you had the idea, you can be 1st to pull!  Your chix are so cute, still amazing how fast the little buggers grow!

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36:00 pm »
Cindi. Tell your other half he did a great job on the chicken tractor/coupe. Your birds are really starting to show off their colors. I will try to find a picture that I saw of another that was neat. It could be hooked up to the riding mower to move.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:11 pm »
I found the pictures. Tell him to check this out. Way cool !!
http://eggcartn.com/photos.htm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:18:06 am »
Sparky, thanks for that, I sent him the link, what beautiful tractors.

Ann, still on the market, one year, couple of offers, we accepted, but things didn't go right.  Still got lots of lookers, sure keeps me busy with keeping the house clean  ;) :).  Got another looker this AM, have that beautiful, most awesomely great and wonderful day, with that health.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:59 pm »
   Hey Cindi ,  That should definitely qualify as a chicken "coupe "  .  Remember , if it has more than two doors , it's a sedan . :-D
Seriously , that is a very clever design , it should serve you and your birdies well .  So good to see a husband /wife team working together as you two do .
Harmony is beautiful in music and marriage as well .  Let the song play on and on .                               ---Burl---

My chicken house has 4 doors so I call it a sedan, 2 doors inside and 2 outside (it's a walk through).  Most people who see it remark that my chicken house is better built than some of the houses their relatives live in.  So I guess I need to change it's description to a chicken limo.

BTW, I set 18 duck eggs today from Sir Frances the Drake and the Hen that showed up.  They come up to the chicken house when I feed the chickens asking for a handout, which they get, lay an egg a day next to the fence, and spend the rest of the time inspecting the creek.  I have the most thoroughly inspected creek in the country.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything