Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: another newbee  (Read 2305 times)

Offline irerob

• House Bee
another newbee
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:14:15 pm »
  Hello every one.
     Ive been looking into beekeeping for a while and like all the helpful people on this sight.
 im leaning towards starting a top bar hive mostly becouse of price,but I may have to change that... read that the municipality rules say i have to have a lang here in central florida.
You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: another newbee
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:38:44 pm »
Welcome...From one newbie to another.."I just got here today"..If you don't put your location in your profile, you will be getting a lot of false and misleading answers to your questions. All beekeeping is local and the right answer for someone in Canada will likely kill your bees in Florida. It will save you a lot of headaches and troubles down the road if you will change your profile now.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline irerob

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »
good point ill get on that now  :)
You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:07:41 pm »
Hello and Welcome Irerob
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
Irerob.  Welcome to our forum.  I agree with Iddee, and I am glad to see that you have changed your profile to tell us where you live.  Keeping bees changes so dramatically from area to area.  This will be a place where you can learn, tell your experiences, we all love to help and listen.  You will find that the more that you learn the more you will be wanting to learn, and wait until that day when you order your bees -- then your excitement will abound, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.  Have that wonderful and awesome life, day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service