Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WHAT DO BEES THINK ABOUT TOP BAR HIVES ?  (Read 7119 times)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
WHAT DO BEES THINK ABOUT TOP BAR HIVES ?
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »
WHAT DO BEES THINK ABOUT TOP BAR HIVES ?

Bees don't seem to like being on camera or maybe they don't like their new house 24 seconds into the clip they have given a message , :p

edward  :-P

you tube    "   Life inside the beehive part 10 / Livet i bikupan del 10  
Life inside the beehive part 10 / Livet i bikupan del 10      
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:03:02 am by buzzbee »

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: WHAT DO BEES THINK ABOUT TOP BAR HIVES ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:29 am »
Not sure what I was supposed to see at the 24 second mark. I didn't see anything different. Perhaps good marketing?  :-D

Nice video.

Here is what I think of TBH's.... Including the recent deaths attributed to TBH's and the reasons why they are so unsafe and dangerous.  ;)

http://www.bjornapiaries.com/top-bar-hive.html

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »
Turn up the sound and you might hear a mesage   :-D                  edward  :-P

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:12:45 pm »
If you want to see the bees building their hive from the beginning click on this link

link waiting too be confirmed by beemaster

There are 10 parts so far       edward  :-P

Offline CountryBee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:52:14 pm »
BjornBee, I read your article, thanks!  You said not much difference in mites between your TBH and your traditional hives.  They all did natural regressed comb but no difference?  I am trying it with one hive (regression) to help with mites but if it will not help I won't waist anymore time and go back to foundation, it had more sturdiness for me.  Thanks for info, Country :)

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:45:45 pm »
Not sure what I was supposed to see at the 24 second mark. I didn't see anything different. Perhaps good marketing?  :-D
You have to play it backwards.  It's a secret message from the queen.  She says " Honey tastes good."  And then there is something about a particularly attractive drone.   :-D
"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 05:30:14 pm »
I heard "Edward is the walrus" I think :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline DavesBees

• House Bee
    • Dave's Bees
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:49:46 am »
 :brian: I believe I heard the offensive fricative.
Dave - PM me if you are interseted in natural beekeeping in Hancock County Maine.
http://www.davesbees.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:36:46 am »
Yes, it was definitely the "F" word

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 03:39:54 am »
Here is what I think of TBH's....

hmmm, i'd think the "no lifting boxes" would make a list of pro's for a tbh...at least that's what i hear new beekeepers who want to use tbh's saying.

deknow

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:19:29 pm »
You guys are hilarious!

Bjorn--what deaths are you talking about?
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 04:37:18 pm »
You guys are hilarious!

Huh? You didn't see the mention of the deaths on the website? It's actually in bold lettering, so maybe in scanning, you just overlooked it. Go back and take another look.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 04:51:15 pm »
You guys are hilarious!

Huh? You didn't see the mention of the deaths on the website? It's actually in bold lettering, so maybe in scanning, you just overlooked it. Go back and take another look.
Your website? I lookd here and there, and I see nothing. BTW, I see you are still carrying that last tagline :D
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 04:57:52 pm »
Ok, maybe someone else can find the article on my website concerning the deaths attributed to TBH's.

Yeah, I kind of took a hankering to the tag. Seems to rub just the right person the wrong way....  :lau:

Glad someone put it there.... :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

bigbearomaha

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »
 I didn't see it either on the page you linked to.   I am not about to go traipsing around chasing a dubious article hidden somewhere on your website.

The more  I  read your posts, the more  i think you're out to raise people's blood pressure.  one moment you're criticizing a certain method  or hive type, then you turn around and post that you are for it.

This will be my last reply to one of your posts as  i think you are just being silly.

For someone whose website tries to sound as "professional" as you try to make yourself out to be, you sure do act anything but that in the forums.

enjoy your fun,

Big Bear

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:40 am »
Oh BigBear...relax. The thread started out as a somewhat funny and ironic case of "is there really something there on the video or not" and one that seemed to suggest a marketing ploy to get others to see the video, for something that was not there.

I added my own "marketing" by taking it to the next level, and made the point that you can title anything, suggest anything, for the sake of getting hits or making people chase to a site they may normally not go to. It's called "getting sucked in by marketing" and you got sucked all the way in to the point that you are now personally attacking others.

Maybe next time, you should wait to the point that you have egg on your face or know that the joke is on you, before you decide to respond in such an embarrassing way. That way, perhaps it would be justified. As we used to say...."BURNED!"..or maybe "SUPER BURN!"

Of course there is no article about deaths. I knew most would get it. I knew someone would not. That one....was you!  ;)

Anyone that knows me, knows I am dead serious about the advice I give, and the honest approach I state on my website, giving both pro and con viewpoints. And that, is better than the one sided "kool-aid" drinking viewpoints you will read elsewhere. Sorry if you can't grasp that concept. But you missed that concept, and missed getting "punked" also. Maybe another day will provide better results.  :roll:

Although you missed the point and found out there is no article about "deaths attributed to TBH's", I hope you at least appreciated the recent photos of the Swedish bikini team that I added to the site. What a great concept in having them promote beekeeping. Check out the third babe from the left on the second photo....WOW!
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 08:43:50 am »
 :wierd: WHAT DO BEES THINK ABOUT TOP BAR HIVES ?  Do bees think at all  :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:53 am »
"What's it about?"

Come on Jim....that is easy. We are asking what bees think about Swedish swimsuit babes that use TBH's? Keep up will ya....  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

bigbearomaha

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 09:00:41 am »

And that, is better than the one sided "kool-aid" drinking viewpoints you will read elsewhere. Sorry if you can't grasp that concept. But you missed that concept, and missed getting "punked" also. Maybe another day will provide better results. 

ok, I lied, one more post.

That's my point in that  I wasn't the only one who took it as serious and  I don't go into the forums looking to be 'punk'd' because I expect better than that.   i don't know you that well, I thought you knew that much, unless you think you know me that well and  I think that's incorrect also.

I agree with you on kool aid drinkers on either side and that giving people the plain facts and letting them decide for themselves the 'good' and 'bad' of something is the best way to go.

Like  I said before, I think sometimes you 'goof' too much and it takes away from the discussion, that's all.

it's all good.

Big Bear

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 09:01:16 am »
Oh wait....hmmmm hmmm....

A more "professional" way of putting that.....

It seems by the close review of the precise wording, innuendos, and suggestions, that the topic at hand, is asking not whether bee think, but what they are thinking, in regards to those dressed in bikinis of the female persuasion, and specifically those from a certain scandic nation, and to be precise, Sweden. We further ask that you confine your thoughts in the limitations of only bees that live, perpetuate, and survive in TBH's.

This link tells you a little about "What the bees know". Go ahead, check it out.

The Bees Know - Glenn Beck - Funny Animation

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org