Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My first call out of the season  (Read 2996 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
My first call out of the season
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »
Well it's that time of year. I got my first hive removal for the year. sorry no video ( don't have a digital recorder yet). It was in a small cottage that was being demolished for the road right away in Gray. It was a small hive with only two sections of brood and a ton of honey and pollen. I could never locate the queen. The bees were small in size. so after removing the comb. I placed the box up against the wall and just brushed all the bees into the box.  :-D it worked. I must have brushed the queen in because after letting it set form 2 hours they oriented to the box. I brought them home and set them up away from the other hives to get them settled. I removed the screen front and they were very docile. I hope they stay I may need to add some brood from my strong hive later this week. I'll give them a few days before opening them up for inspection.

hooray it's bee season. :piano:

John

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
Re: My first call out of the season
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »
Awesome.
Start sending the season a lil farther north.   :-D  How did you get the referal?

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:31 pm »
Sweet.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »
Awesome.
Start sending the season a lil farther north.   :-D  How did you get the referal?

James

I won't repeat the name of the other place here. but I loaded on to several forums and added myself to the bee removal maps. Be sure to name the city and county you live in. the man goggle removers in the area and my name popped up. I wish  that beemasters site would have popped up first. I believe that the forum is more newbee friendlier.

john

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »
good job.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »
John,

Same thing happened to me this year.  I got an email from another place on the net.  This house he was going to tear down for farmland and found the bees.. I have to wait a month for it to warm up but he is in no rush.  Been there for years I will post video after the cut out.  Grats though on them finding you!!
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline Boom Buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:40:34 am »
I've had two calls so far but I was able to push both removals out to early April.  Still kind of iffy here in Colorado weather wise, but today was warm and the bees were flying.  Looks like I have 6 out of 7 hives that have made it thus far, plus a hive in stump that was removed in November survived (I left the bees in the stump until later).

Ready to have fun with them bees!  :-D

Cheers!

Offline Scott Derrick

• Expert Bee Handler
  • New Bee
  • Go Gamecocks!!
    • Honeybee Removal Expert Serving South Carolina, Charlotte NC and Augusta GA
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:51:36 am »
Good Job!
My Bee Removal Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/109455718186385256142
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rsderrick

"You're born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there's a loophole."
                                              Billy Graham

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »
I wish I had My friends luck he got called this past weekend for 7 cutouts in the same apartment complex. :yippiechick: he started sat a 7am and had to stop on the first cutout after working it until 5:30pm. he filled 3 boxes of bees using robo box. had 4 totes of closed honey. he said he was going back again Tues then again this weekend. he said if they are all that size he wont have enough boxes for them. I told him he could have all I got. And if they need a new home I have room at my Inn. :-D