Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Movie - Utter Disbelief  (Read 28686 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Bee Movie - Utter Disbelief
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 12:20:55 am »
My wife and I watched the movie and were somewhat entertained, it was make believe and we heard all the stories about how inaccurate it was.

The strangest thing to me is that Seinfeld had the need to make this movie.

We took it with a grain of salt and then some.

...JP

Ain't that the only way to take Seinfeld?

Is there another way?

Love Kramer, too bad he messed up with the racial slur rs, he really surprised me with that.

Now Newman is definitely, without a doubt, my favorite!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 01:32:43 am »
I was going to comment some more on this but there's no point...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 08:43:55 am »
It is all about the hidden agenda and supported with subliminal messages, Hollywood for short. :evil:
You hit the nail on the head !
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 01:32:20 pm »
I dont see a problem here with this movie. I thought it was GREAT!
 And it was sooooo scientifically accurate I was amazed!! :) The inside of  Berrys hive was EXACTLY how my hives look inside!!!
 I have a tiny bottle of honey right on top of my computer what looks like Berry the bee! (it took me a month before i realized who he was!)
Ok,....I have to get back to my "Angel Trumpets"!

your friend,
john

Offline Card

• House Bee
  • Ken
    • Wikipedia Photo Gallery
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 04:56:37 pm »
Quote from: SgtMaj
...who would you propose the bad guy be?
The Crop Science division of Bayer Pharma? 8-)
"You will come to learn a great deal if you study the insignificant in depth." - Buckaroo Banzai

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 08:32:11 pm »
I don't know why the beekeeper is the bad guy we protect our bees and do everything in our power to insure thier surviveal.  Not to mention we're the ones responsable for thier spread throughout the world.  I guess Winnie The Pooh "AKA Hive Distoryer" wasn't avaliable for this movie. lol
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 09:01:57 pm »
I worked the bee booth at the county fair today... and a little girl said "you're killing the bees, bees don't want to smoke."  It was funny.  She was a little too young to know the difference between cartoons and reality.

Very ironically, there's a ferral hive, not more than about 50 feet from the bee both at the fair. 

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 09:27:47 am »
I thought the movie was a little immature and highly inaccurate.  My kids took it as total fiction because they didn't recognize it as bees or a beehive.    They must have thought that they were yellow and black fuzzy pixies.

But it did have a big impact on me...I now laugh demonically the whole time that I'm pulling honey supers.  Mwhaaa haa haa!  Nothing beats docile, worn-out, mind numbed bees!
Rick

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:24 am »
What really made me mad was locally SCHOOLS had actual scheduled class trips to see this movie AFTER CCD first started making the news - they wanted to show the importance of the bees and beekeeping - I don't think it did either.

I couldn't get past the "Entertainment" because I fixated and moaned at the foolishness of the inaccuracies - it could have been done with accurate info and still been a great movie, instead they aimed for jokes and very good animation (far from Shrek mind you) and handed the unknowing public more untruths than a thousand rumors could have done. What a shame the had no one technical on this production that insisted on some degree of reality - I don't care if the audience was supposed to be 5 year olds, shouldn't they be able to go home with some real neat facts to talk about over dinner?

I saw a movie lately where a daughter was plaaying Texas Holdem' against her Dad in a Vegas Tourament, he pushed the last handful of chips in front of him saying "All in" couldn't have been $50,000 there and in responces (instead of calling, which is matching his all in bet) she also says "All in" and pushes here 3 million in chips out on the table. That just isn't what happens, he had no more chips, she need only match it, she couldn't have raised if she wanted cause he had no more chips - this fact of the game was strictly hollywood and lost anyone who knew anything about cards. It blew the movie and through its cribility out the window, that is what bee novie did for me.

I understand a box full of toys come to life, it is a cartoon - a mouse becomes a great chef at a 5 star restruaunt is a cartoon, a trip into the world of the behive, showing drones coming back with barrels of pollen and it getting squeezed into honey, that isn't a cartoon it is a shame!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 11:52:35 am »
What really made me mad was locally SCHOOLS had actual scheduled class trips to see this movie AFTER CCD first started making the news - they wanted to show the importance of the bees and beekeeping - I don't think it did either.

In a case like this, I think this is a failure on the school's behalf.  I applaud them for wanting to expose CCD and beekeeping to kids, but first, they should have checked out the movie first (and if they did, shame on them for using it as a teaching tool).  Second, as an alternative, they should have brought in a beek or two to expose the kids.  Maybe bring in some visual aids (hive cutouts, etc) or maybe even set up an observation hive.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 11:55:58 am »
It's the left wing agenda They put there stuff in cartoon's and brain wash are kid's That don't know better. All logger's and fishermen and now bee keeper's are bad.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 12:13:12 pm »
Did you all make this big a fuss over "Antz"  :?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 12:18:11 pm »
Did you all make this big a fuss over "Antz"  huh

That was so life-like though.   :-D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 02:07:20 pm »
Right On Bassman, about the schools neglect to check it out first, or go to a source where the kids could interact.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 04:43:26 pm »
There are better things to do with ones waking hours than get upset at a pretty enjoyable cartoon.  Cripes, at least it is better than South Park and Beavis and Butthead, which masterpieces have really messed up a large part of the last generation!

Now there is something to be said for staying away from TV and Hollywood all together . . . . I know families that do!  But I like some of their offerings and take them for what they are!  I own and watch often "Dave" and "The American President" for instance, but I do NOT expect them to correctly reflect American politics.

That said, you did garner a large number of reads and replies, which is what the board is all about.
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline homer

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 06:11:18 pm »
I am not expecting a cartoon movie to be entirely accurate.  I can tolerate the inner workings of the hive being embellished and talking insects are fine with me too.  I have to drawn the line where the movie portrays the beekeeper as the evil character.  I have never read a post on this website or talked to a beekeeper who has intentionally mistreated their bees and of course I take issue with the whole anti-capitalism slant of the movie. 

Bees are able to make more honey than they need.  We can have some too.  Get over it Mr. Seinfeld!   

Holy crap dude.  Chill out.  Go find a documentary about bees and watch that if you need to feel good about yourself.  You're bing a bit, no totally, ridiculous here.  Lots of movies portray lots of things that are far from the truth, that's probably why so many people watch them and they make millions on them.  My suggestion for you would be to just stick to the documentary channel,  Likely you'll find much less disappointment there.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 07:02:25 pm »
Yeh,,,,....."LIFE LIKE!" :-D :-D

heh heh heh ....
 That ant hill looked just like the one in my back yard!!
Ok,...back again to the "Angel Trumpets"!

your friend,
john

Offline debay

• New Bee
    • JUST MY BLOGS AND SOME PICS
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:48 pm »
 :? uhhhhhhhhhhhh. its just a movie right? a cartoon? not even a cartoon,its cgi. all pixels and 010101111100001110000 stuff. I think the movie is supposed to be from the bee's perspective not ours anyway. In that respect it was accurate. we contantly invade their home (beeks, regardless of our motives, its invasive), find ways to kill them off (farmers and such), and eat their food supplies that they worked for (everyone else). Then they showed the importance of bees to society and the world as a whole. If you look at the high notes, they hit it close enough to get people interested. and again, wasnt it just a movie and NOT a documentary...........................................................................

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »
Good points!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:34 am »
Hey, let's make our own "Bee Movie" and make Seinfeld the bad guy!!!

...JP :evil:
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything