Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: December 26th removal  (Read 3189 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
December 26th removal
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:36 am »
This is a shed that roofers took some stings trying to replace some rotten plywood. Bees had to go and I hated to do the removal with 50 degree temps but it went well and filled five frames with brood and pollen and thirteen others with capped honey. Hive was foot and a half x three ft x five and a half deep.They were semi nice bees.

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline Bees In Miami

• House Bee
Re: December 26th removal
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:11 pm »
Semi nice bees.....Is that like being semi pregnant??   :lau:   How many stings did you take?   Those bees were there for a bit!  Thanks for the pics....nice job! 

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »
They were nice enough not to attack every time I took a breath as some I encountered  :-D No stings this round and took about 4 hours to get em out.
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »
They were nice enough not to attack every time I took a breath as some I encountered  :-D No stings this round and took about 4 hours to get em out.

What no beesting therapy? I can't wait till spring to get stung and get the juicies flowwing in my hurting arm and shoulder. :-D

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:42 am »
Didn't see the queen yet but there is a strong floral sent coming from the hive and all the bees went in except for a fistful that froze the other night. Brought em to the bee yard last night they are doing orientation flight right now.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 11:05:25 am »
Blanc when it warms past 45 F I would strongly encourage warm liquid feed. This hive is going to be stressed and likely will not have the energy to uncap any honey. As it warms feed them up good.

Hope they survive for you!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 05:58:53 pm »
Thanks for the advice JP and will feed em! It was get em or they would killem kinda thing so I got em. Made a few bucks in the process but elderly lady on fixed income so more or less to cover gas and exspences and rebuild hives I lost for Issac

Offline wadehump

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »
Thanks for the pix and the fix come on spring