Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Extractor Parts  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Extractor Parts
« on: August 31, 2005, 08:21:04 pm »
Are there any dealers who sell extractor parts? I have an old extractor that was stored for 20 plus years in a damp basement and the bushing housing, bushing, and studs at the bottom have corroded and rotted away. It is a small 4 frame hand cranked job with a cone shaped bottom. The housing has 3 ears and is shaped to fit the bottom. I could probably take my time and make it work for what little honey I might get this year but I would like to fix it up. I have sent to emails to Dadant with no reply which is kind of strange. Any help in steering me to a supplier would be appreciated.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Extractor Parts
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:19:15 pm »
Good Luck.   One could make a living selling just replacement hand cranks.  If I only had a $1 for every extractor I have come across missing the hand crank :roll:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Re: Extractor Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 03:24:46 pm »
Quote from: Romahawk
at the bottom have corroded and rotted away. It is a small 4 frame hand cranked job with a cone shaped bottom. .

How much the new one cost?  it is in finland 450 $

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Extractor Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 04:00:55 pm »
Finsky, Dadant has the same model as my old one (The Little Wonder) for $310.00....... That's actually a few dollars less than I paid for it 25 years ago... Wonders never cease....  :D

Robo, It seems like the manufacturer would stock parts for a set amount of years like they do for cars or farm implements. Maybe someone could start a nice little sideline by buying up or rescuing old equipment and parting the stuff out.

I just got a response to my emails to them a few minutes ago. Seems the delayed response was because they were in the middle of doing inventory. Should know something in a few days.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

anything