Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 100,000 beekeeper petition drive  (Read 15795 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: 100,000 beekeeper petition drive
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 10:26:22 am »
The biggest nightmare being that they might get sick or hurt while traveling the US and go home owing tens of thousands of dollars.

Most Americans feel the same way.  Many people find their insurance policy doesn't cover them outside the US.  If you don't get a rider you might be taking a chance.

Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2011, 11:22:05 am »
[The long term solution is to educate our young.  You have to do that on their terms.  Social media...
We are not going to revolt, only the young will.

So revolt is the only means to an end?  

Tell that to the tea party. Amazingly, they organized, they educated, and for a bunch of middle aged people, brought about one of the largest political swings in history.

Yes, the "young" have been manipulated over the years and are great at showing up for some issue they don't fully understand. It makes for a fun filled day out on campus for the young, right before they get ready later that night to do beer bongs and puke in their mommy and daddy paid for tuition dorm rooms. Ok, that was for effect...even though somewhat true.

Reality is, they generally are far less enthusiastic about things once they start paying taxes and actually start working. But anyhow...I digress.

Why think that only the young can make a change? Go to an organic store, a organic Coop, the master gardeners convention, or anything else to show the demographics of those living the lifestyle of outside wall of corporate box stores. See who donate to foundations, who vote, and who are on the boards and committees all across the country. It's not 20 something year olds.

Now will the middle aged stand chanting for an issue they don't understand like the young crowd? Probably not. But they will support, fund, and be a vehicle for change for so many items both big and small. To relagate hope that nothing will happen in today's world without social media or the young, being the only hope for that change....is a defeatist mindset and benefits nobody.

I would think  a better approach would be to educate the young, and not so young. Health, jobs, security, and every other issue is usually items that all either benefit, or suffer from.

I think it is so sad to hear anyone say "we can't do this" or "We can never make a change" or any other defeatist comment about trying to better the situation. It may take years, it may take more than one try, and it may never fully get to 100%, but little changes are better than asking for the world in one shot.

"Building a Sustainable Future, One Flower at a Time" may be a more appropriate slogan this year for National Honey Bee Day than most realize...  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2011, 11:38:20 am »
Talk about opening a can of worms, who started this?

perhaps someone uninformed?  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »
Yeah, perhaps you're right KathyP.

BjornBee:  Do you want these petitions as I fill them up or all at once?  I'm serious.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:54 pm »
Yeah, perhaps you're right KathyP.

BjornBee:  Do you want these petitions as I fill them up or all at once?  I'm serious.

thomas

thomas
That is up to you.
It would be nice to get some sent in.
I did get a couple emails that said folks had already mailed them.
But we got lots of time. And this is just starting.
We hope beekeepers just don't sign their own name then send it in.

We hope everyone takes it to work, the bee association meeting, etc.

Thank you for your willingness to support this effort.  :)

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »
Tell that to the tea party. Amazingly, they organized, they educated, and for a bunch of middle aged people, brought about one of the largest political swings in history.

Are you for real?

The tea party put a cry baby at the head of congress who will produce nothing different than what we had.  Same old crap.

Youth put a man in the white house who has African decent.  That is a political swing.

A revolution means change.  What we have now is useless and cannot change.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »
Yes....Yes....revolt...revolution. The only means for change. The only thing to hang your hopes on. The only thing that you think makes a difference. And no matter the cause, the effort, or the angle.....it will never be enough as you will suggest it never is enough, not worthy, or compare it to something else while going in circle, round, and round, and round. It's about the only thing I got from you, but I do get it.

Really....I mean it.....I get it.   :roll: One election is touted by you as a revolution of change, and the next is touted as nothing more than putting in one cry baby and then say nothing has changed. Nice comparison.  Some actually may suggest with both elections, not much is changed. (except your brilliant observation and results of a "African" man getting elected) I certainly see how you got sucked in for change and somehow still think that Utopian society is being brought to you by the current administration.   :lau:

Sorry.....I didn't see just youth putting a man in the white house. And I didn't see it as a "African" thing either. How sad to look at the past presidential election as nothing more than that.

And I don't see a petition as a revolution, a revolt, or think that will come about from such efforts. The changes I seek, favor, and support, come from the masses making individual choices, individual responsibility, and individual actions. While the petition may have an end result of meeting some person in Washington (Even of "African decent" as you like to refer to them), the efforts in getting to that end result is where the real benefits exist.

So you go back to thinking that the "Gov" will take care of you now that your "youth revolution" has happened, by putting a "African decent" person in the white house. I would ask "How's that working for you?" But I am sure you think everything is just fine and dandy. And besides....if you have any problems with anything...you can just use some social media and summon up the young crowd again.  :roll:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:15:24 pm by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »
Youth put a man in the white house who has African decent.  That is a political swing.

foolish youth (and others) who thought color of skin was more important than content of character.  guess they were not listening.

A revolution means change

please list all the revolutions that ended with positive change for the general population.  the question is worth 2 points.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
Take it to the Coffee House Kathyp :evil:

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »
valid suggestion if the comments were coming from me.  i am only responding.  perhaps you should make the suggestion to the originator and we all can go there?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »
Yep,start a new topic in coffee house. I think this has went well beyond original topic.