Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Strip mall bees  (Read 3577 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Strip mall bees
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »
This one was a rough one. We started it on Sunday and finished it on Monday.

The bees are a bit feisty and are still head butting in the bee yard. I'll give them a few weeks to calm down (I don't have to worry much about the drones mating with my stock right now) but if they're still hot I'll requeen!

Strip mall bees.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline LoriMNnice

• House Bee
Re: Strip mall bees
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 07:56:37 pm »
80's in December! The police are coming to get you for being a public nusiance LOL. Love it!! Thanks for another great video :)
Lori

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 08:53:24 pm »
A sweet sticky day.    Good job finding that queen.   I would have bet they were hot from being queenless.    If they stay hot, pinch her fast.   Great video.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:49 pm »
 X:X X:X
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:52 am »
Heckuva job Scott!

Was a trapout out of the question?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
The plaza owner wanted them GONE!! Even if a trap out could have been an option I wouldn't have tried it. The hive beetles would have made a mess of things and this is not only an hour drive for us but in a bad area of town. The voices you hear in the background (although I cut most of them out) are the homeless guys that gathered around. Needless to say we kept a pretty close eye on 'em.

I was packin' a .45 and my sweet little kel-tec 9mm just in case :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:04:32 am »
I was packin' a .45 and my sweet little kel-tec 9mm just in case :-D

Scott

Lol. Never leave home without mine either.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07:32 am »
Always love your videos.  You must have quite a few hives by now   :)

Offline Bee Busters

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 12:52:32 pm »
when you do a cutout like this do you also do the building repairs?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »
We can do repairs (I'm a Certified Building Contractor too) but often the owners have a carpenter/maintenance person that will repair it for them at a better price.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Bee Busters

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 01:41:20 pm »
get you some signs printed that say "CAUTION!  BEES!"  that'll take care of the homeless problem in the area while you're doing the cutout

anything