Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hmm, an outdoor activity? not really sure of the forum  (Read 13327 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Hmm, an outdoor activity? not really sure of the forum
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 12:21:36 pm »
 :lau: could be Jp. We get a little wild around here. But I will have you know that tree is a beautiful old cedar tree that any squirrel would be lucky to live in. Her loss.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 06:44:51 pm »
Cindi, I think your huge black squirrel is a hybrid.  somebody let a pet loose and it cross bred with the local stock, either the grey douglas squirrel or the larger Oregon Grey.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 08:08:46 pm »
This post brings back memories of a time when I was much younger. I found this little squirrel that looked so cute as it just sit in my hand as I pet it and then the little turd bit into my finger like he thought it was a peanut or something. There I was waving that bugger around like he was a flag and when he finally left go, I went to get a tetanus shot and chalked that one up to lessons about wild animals.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 10:39:54 am »
Sparky  :lau: .  That was really funny!!!

Brian, no I don't think that that is the case.  I used to see these big black squirrels in the park near my Mother-in-Law's place in Burnaby, about 40 km southwest of my area.  They have migrated northeast....I really need to find out what type these are.  I will find out, I belong to a local forum for gardening, they have a forum in there about pests.  I'll be checking it out soon and I will get to the bare bone facts about it.  Beautiful days, to love and live, with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline homer

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 12:45:00 pm »
Cindi,

About 10 years ago I spend 2 years living in and around Toronto, serving a mission for my church.  Those big black squirrels are everywhere over there.  They far out number the greys.  Might I also mention that they LOVE a good Tim Horton's Doughnut!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 12:38:30 am »
Homer, living in Utah, on a mission -- you are of the same religious belief as a good many of my siblings.  My next down Brother went on his mission to Ohio, I think in around 1973 (oh that was a very long time ago, wow).  I am not involved, was, many, many years ago, but not now.  Those big black squirrels are very amazing creatures, nice to hear that someone else knows how many numbers there are of these, and they are not hybrids....beautiful days, to love and live, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service