2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84776 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2008, 07:01:07 pm »
Just a quick word,
 I hope you all have the best time when you get together :).
I'm too far away and too broke to come to the party.(Well, not too broke...Janelle wants to go up to NY for Christmas. My son just got back from NY.Theres not enough money left for us  to travel to Wa.). Yall take alot of pictures for the rest of us!

your friend,
john

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2008, 09:01:31 am »
It's getting close. I need to get stuff packed. I am out of honey and I need to get things done at work. I can't wait to get up there and meet everyone.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2008, 11:20:21 am »
Brendhan we can't wait to meet You!  I'm all aflutter w/excitement for the BBQ, like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Those of us who keep bees have a special part of their personality most of the population doesn't & wouldn't understand.  Don't get much chance to share & bond with others like us outside this forum. Johnny, it would be a blast to meet you, we would all be rolling with laughter, your zest for life & humor is very rare! We will be thinking about all of you who can't make it.  Still apprehensively willing to try duck Cindi... Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:21 pm »
Jody, ohh, you gonna try my ducks, they be coming and they are gonna be gooooood!!!!  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, love and live life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2008, 06:43:52 pm »
Jody, ohh, you gonna try my ducks, they be coming and they are gonna be gooooood!!!!  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, love and live life.  Cindi

Man, that just ain't right Cindi, you can't give them all your ducks!!!

On a serious note Cindi, I need to know when you'll be leaving and returning, thanks.

...JP :evil: :-* :-* :-*
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2008, 08:19:53 pm »
 Go ahead JP. Cindi put your pic in the poultry house!  Abigail has been teaching the young'ns turkey ninja moves!! She has a HUGE roasting bag & has been stashing onions from the garden! :evil :-D  :evil: Jody

We will miss you!!!  Mnnn, that duck is sure gonna be goooOOOooood!! :-D
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:21 pm »
A big hug and kisses to you all and have a wonderful time. I will be volunteering at the bee booth on Sunday August 31 at the California State Fair in Sacramento. This is also my anniversary of 28 years of marriage, so we will go out to eat somewhere special after the fair.

I will be thinking of you all this weekend. Take many, many photos to share.

Love
Annette
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:58:17 pm by annette »

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2008, 08:53:45 am »
Not to put a damper on things but Tropical Depression #8 is going to warrant some attention. Gustav is going to wack Louisiana as a category 3. If TD #8 goes like it's looking right now it will cut the edge of SoFla. I just wonder how strong it will be. I am still coming up for the party. I just may not be able to fly back if they close the airport due to the storm. :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:04 pm »
JP, eeeks!!!  My itinerary is top secret, do you really think I would tell you when I would exactly be gone?  I am sure that several ducks would be missing, you brat!!!!  Like Jody said, your picture has been posted on the most wanted list in the hen-houses and turkey-houses AND......they all have a body guard now, and I won't tell you what that is, that is for you to find out, should you dare venture to these bird yards, just try it!!!!  Good luck  :evil: :evil: :evil: :-X ;) :) :) :)  So buddy, how do you like those apples!!!!

Annette, you have a wonderful celebration of your marriage, and enjoy helping at the bee booth.

Brendhan, I hope that the TD#8 is not too bad, nor Gustav, guess this is the time of year when the storms come on terribly.  Maybe you can bunk at Brian's for a couple of months, hee, hee.  Beautiful most wonderful day, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2008, 09:46:11 pm »
 Brendhan can stay for the winter if need be, I could use his strong back.   I could also use his expertise in remodeling the studio apartment behind the garage.   Hope he knows how to instrall carpet, plumbing, mud sheet rock, dig ditch, etc.   LOL

Cindi, since you're bringing your motor home you can show up as early as Friday.  Between the Fibromyalgia, Nacrolepsy, and bad back, I'm getting behind on getting ready.  Much too do and not enough time.  Friday, tomorrow, I have to get a load of hay, pick up a FREE Cheviot Ram, ship my pigeons off to the race, and move the lawn chairs, fire pit, tables, etc for the party.  Oh yeah, I also have to mix up some sugar syrup to feed the bees.  Saturday I have to slaughter the pigeons for the BBQ on Sunday.   As far as food for the party, You can bring the fixings for a salad if you like and use my kitchen, but since you're already bringing the Duck to go with the pigeon breasts, hamburgers, and hot dogs you're not obligated to bring anything else.

See everybody Sunday, if not before.

BTW, if a Ram inseminates a Goat what do you call it's offspring?  A Shoat or a Geep?  I vote for Geep cause it sounds like jeep and the doeling climbed the haystack and then was eyeing the barn roof.   A goat on a hot tin roof would have been a real sight.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:23 am »
Brian,

My services are at your disposal, maybe not for the entire winter. ;)

Janel and I are packing up and getting ready to head to the airport. I will call you tomorrow as we are heading toward your place.

We arrive in Seattle tonight.

Special Note to the TSA Theives: I am bringing honey with me you klepto scum. If you steal this honey I will will call my congressman and the media and then i will sick my wife on you.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2008, 12:12:21 pm »
Brian, we have to come on Saturday, not Friday night as planned.  BUT....we are early birds and I expect to be out the door early, early on Saturday morning, probably about 7-8:00.  We will be there to help you. 

Do not move the furniture, let Ken and I do this type of work.  You can concentrate on the pigeons  ;) ;) :) :) :).  I would actually like to watch you do that, would be an interesting thing, but if you are going to do that before we get there, don't worry about it, I don't need to watch the pigeon kill.  I can't wait to taste pigeon, by the way.

I make a mean potato salad, the meanest ever, and people rave about it when they eat it.  I even have had someone who had come over years and years before drool when they saw that I had made my potato salad.  I will bring the fixings for it, cooked, and will put it together in your kitchen on Sunday morning.  I don't think my fridge in the 5th wheel will be big enough to keep the potato salad in, hee, hee.  It will be rather large.  Take care to keep well, don't get too worried about the extra work, we will all pitch in (and I hear Brendhan has a strong back, hee, hee).  Have a beautiful, most wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2008, 02:59:07 pm »
Sitting in PBIA waiting to board flight to Houston. I have information that the flight from Houston to SEA is overbooked and they are looking for volunteers. I wasn't thrilled with the idea. My wife reminds me we are on vacation. I don't think she understands the vacation concept. ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2008, 08:54:06 pm »
Brian, we have to come on Saturday, not Friday night as planned.  BUT....we are early birds and I expect to be out the door early, early on Saturday morning, probably about 7-8:00.  We will be there to help you. 

Do not move the furniture, let Ken and I do this type of work.  You can concentrate on the pigeons  ;) ;) :) :) :).  I would actually like to watch you do that, would be an interesting thing, but if you are going to do that before we get there, don't worry about it, I don't need to watch the pigeon kill.  I can't wait to taste pigeon, by the way.

I make a mean potato salad, the meanest ever, and people rave about it when they eat it.  I even have had someone who had come over years and years before drool when they saw that I had made my potato salad.  I will bring the fixings for it, cooked, and will put it together in your kitchen on Sunday morning.  I don't think my fridge in the 5th wheel will be big enough to keep the potato salad in, hee, hee.  It will be rather large.  Take care to keep well, don't get too worried about the extra work, we will all pitch in (and I hear Brendhan has a strong back, hee, hee).  Have a beautiful, most wonderful day, Cindi

Cindi:

I will buy a 5lb bag of potatoes this evening, my chickens are laying about a dozen eggs a day and I have a dozen on hand--giving 3 dozen more to friends and gave 3.5 dozen away 3 days ago, did I say my chickens were laying eggs...I think it's closer to 15 per day average.   I will have onions and celery if you need it.  The kitchen is yours.

I had to put off my hay and ram run due to waking up with an infected tooth.  Spent most of the day at the Dentist, now minus a tooth, and on liquid diet until Sunday.

Your hubby and Brendhan can help wrestle the ram.  Pigeon butchering is easy, just kill bird pluck breast, remove breast, gizzard, and heart, and toss.  Not enough meat on the rest of it to worry about unless you were into making pigeon noodle soup.
I will also need help moving chairs, fire pit, etc. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2008, 09:13:00 pm »
Cindi,
If you take your laptop,maybe you all could log into ventrilo and have everyone give a big hello to any one that is able to be around.If not,be sure to get us some pics!!
Any one posting a little video on you tube for us to see???
 HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND everyone that is able to make it to Brians!
Are there any members from other bee forums stopping by?Would be great to see some photos of some newcomers!
  I can feel the excitement building!!!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2008, 01:45:05 am »
I have my laptop with me I may have to see about a mic for it.

I am in Seattle at the Hotel. All I can say is .....it's cold  <--- direct quote from the wife. Please remember we left 90F/32C. And it this is summer high season for us.

Okay I am going to pass out for me it is 12:45am. Even it's prime time here.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. The TSA did not steal my honey.  :-D

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:47 am »
Hope you find a mike Brendhan. We will keep Ventrilo online 24 hrs.assuming you will all be bbqing about noon so we may be able to talk to others who do not normally link up with talk chat. I think it would be about 2 AM here but would be worth it. Anyhow all that get to Brians have a great day and we will be thinking of fun you will all be having.

Geoff.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2008, 11:26:06 am »
My wife forgets we are not EST. Wakes up at 5:30 here. Makes me suffer by turning on the lights. Then steals my computer for hour and half. So I am awake. Breakfast and a few odds and ends and we begin the raid on Brian's place.  :mrgreen:

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:24 pm »
Hi People!  Well, I'm screwed, have no life, Dane's a dull boy (all work & no play).  Here's where I'll be (& have been for past 3 days AND nights) while you are all enjoying yourselves ~>

Yep - hot wax & rosin dipping wooden-ware.  I was hoping to have all this wrapped up in advance of Brian's event, but...  :(  The weather has been so bizarre = 100°F for a few days, then rainy and cold... delayed me & I have to finish up winterizing ASAP.  Heck.. I have to finish harvesting still!  :oops:  Well, only a few more ventilated inner-covers to dip, 20 some cedar lids to build, brand & dip about same # of SBBs and then 80 deeps.    :-P

Apologies to all for Ms Bramage & I missing out.  We were really looking forward to meeting everyone.  Rain check (next year?)?  We have a bunch of deserts we wanted to bring... just made some really yummy sprouted nut butters.  The hazelnut + macadamia nut butter mixed with our blackberry honey is especially good. 

Anyways - have fun!

A big hug and kisses to you all and have a wonderful time. I will be volunteering at the bee booth on Sunday August 31 at the California State Fair in Sacramento. This is also my anniversary of 28 years of marriage, so we will go out to eat somewhere special after the fair.

I will be thinking of you all this weekend. Take many, many photos to share.

Love
Annette

Congrats on your anniversary Annette!  Did you enter any of your honey in the State Fair?  Someone recently posted up their county's prize-winning honey which spurred me into action.  We just won the Blue Ribbon for "Best Blackberry Honey" @ the Oregon State Fair.  8-)

Brendhan ~> if Gustav strands you in the PNW I have an extra house where you can stay.  (Getting that one prepped for sale is yet another reason why I'm so exhausted!, lol)

Cheers,
Dane

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2008, 05:27:11 pm »
Wow Dane, you are totally stressed out busy!!! I wouldn't be able to breathe if I was in your shoes.

I did not enter any honey in any contest as I never got any honey this year. Not even a little taste. It has been hand to mouth with my bees and in fact, I am feeding them now. That must have been so wonderful to win that blue ribbon. Just the cherry on the top!!

I am sure everyone will be disappointed to have missed you Dane.
Take care
Annette