Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Judge Snowdy Removal  (Read 2835 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Judge Snowdy Removal
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »

Wrong date stamp on pics and got it right just a minute ago. ;) These girls were building up nicely with a beautiful laying pattern and had alot of clear honey. Schawee told me probably blackberry since it is in full bloom right now. They had about seven combs built about 14 inches wide and 10 inches down. Put em in an eight frame nuc and brought both removals I did home at night fall. Both were a bit pissy went I opened them up and suiting up makes it hard to find the queen. Started the year with six hives and have 23 now! All my proceeds from removals go back into materials so nothing out of pocket for my honey habit.  :-D
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Judge Snowdy Removal
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
You got very, very lucky. The last one I did like that went all the way across the chimney. Had to remove the inside wall from one side the chimney to the other.

Count your blessings tonight.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
We were thinking they were in the chimney at first until I drilled a hole to look in the floor because my heat sensor was not picking them up from inside. I am thankful that they hadn't been there long either because it was real awkward in that corner reaching in.
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »
That sure is some beautiful comb though... Got to love it... :-D
Marshall