Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another nubee arrives  (Read 2026 times)

Offline dwight55

• New Bee
Another nubee arrives
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:16:01 pm »
I just registered, having found the site on good old Google, . . . have had bees in my back yard for several years, . . . but never had time to do much with them.

I am now retired, . . . looking to build up the bee yard a bit, . . . will be asking lots of questions.

I'm in the central Ohio area, . . . in a farming community, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight
If you can breathe, thank God.
If you can read, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a veteran.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Another nubee arrives
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:42:30 pm »
Many welcomes Dwight, you found the site that is dynomite! Ok, good to see you here!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:40:04 am »
Hello and welcome!

I think you'll find this forum a great place to learn about bees. Here are a few of my standard comments to newbees:
1) Update your profile to include your location. When you post questions, if we can see your location we can often give you a much better answer.
2) The 'search' function is great if you're impatient like me. Many questions have been discussed at length previously, and instead of waiting for an answer you can often find an answer in a few moments.
3) Get connected with a local beekeeping club. Ohio has some great clubs! I keep telling myself I'm going to come over to the Tri-Counties meeting in Wooster some March, and I just read in Bee Culture about a meeting in Medina that's coming up in May. As much as I've learned online, nothing beats knowing some local beeks that can help you out from time to time.
http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/Regional%20%26%20County%20Clubs/countyclubs.html

Good Luck!

Offline Rusted!

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:53:32 am »
Dwight,
Glad to hear that their are other "Ohioians" on board.  I like you leave in Farm Country, and thought it was time to renew my interist in a "heard" of bees.   :-D  Installed 2 hives yesterday, and all seem to go fine.  Looking at all the information on here, and wondering how I will learn everthing.  Great to have sites like this one!  Look forward to hearing from you Dwight, and good luck.
Rusted.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:56:52 am »
Dwight, welcome to our forum.  Now, you have found this place, as you will see, that will be your edge for learning, we are an inquisitive group, love to hear experiences from new members and members that have been here a long time.  Tell us some of your experience stories when you have some time.  I would love to hear about the  bees that have been in your backyard, but you haven't had the time to work with them.  That is very neat, now that you are retired, you will build up these colonies and you will have alot of fun doing it.  Ask your questions, all questions are great and will get great answers.  When you get some time, (when you become retired, it seems that you never have enough time for anything) tell us more about yourself, what you are up to and so on.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we live. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything