Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud4 Video #4  (Read 6306 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Bud4 Video #4
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:10:30 pm »
On this video we work some of Bud's hives, Larry gets some more bee wrangling experience & I have fun with a small swarm as they beard on my shirt.

....JP

Bud4 Video #4
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:10:33 pm by JP »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bud4 Video #4
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »
Loved that swarm.   I will have to try it one day.  Great video.  Hands on training.   

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:46:17 pm »
aah the memories...thanks for the video!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AcmeBees

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »
You guys are having too much fun.

Is this event open, or is it by invitation? If I could talk the old lady in to driving south next year..............

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »
It's open to anyone who wants to attend. If they let me attend, They'll let anybody attend.   :lau:

Larry

Offline Wits End

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:14:49 pm »
JP I'm about 100 miles due west in the Mississippi delta and my golden rod honey smells like sweaty socks too! I love that golden rod honey... sweaty socks not so much. I swear I'm coming if there is a Bud 5.
Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:45:30 am »
We really had a blast this year folks, always do. Everyone is welcome to come to our annual gatherings but you have to be prepared to have fun.  ;)

Larry, glad you and June could make it down this year.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:29 pm »
I have to figure out a way to get there once before this body of mine finally gives out. It's just too much fun to miss. I figure that I don't have too many years left, so I'm planning on making the most of my remaining time.  That's why I've given up doing work for everyone else and concentrating on my girls. Now if I could just find a way to give up working and still keep the income.....hmmmm.   :-\

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:25 pm »
Enjoyed the video. Now we know the story behind your Avatar.
How close is bud 4 to New Orleans. My wife wants to go to New Orleans. If it is close, Sounds like a good way to get to BUD5.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
Bud is near  Macon,MS

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 01:02:14 am »
How close is bud 4 to New Orleans. My wife wants to go to New Orleans. If it is close, Sounds like a good way to get to BUD5.
Jim

Jim, we are ten miles from N.O. Its a little over four hrs to Bud's.

...JP

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:16:05 am »
Jim

Jim, we are ten miles from N.O. Its a little over four hrs to Bud's.

...JP

Thanks JP. I thought he was close to you. Might still be able to work it out. We have to get a nurse to take care of our son. He is a quadrapedic. We used to schedule our vacations when he went to Easter Seals camp for 2 weeks. They kept raising the cost and shortening the length of time that he quit going. It cost almost the same to hire a nurse so that is what we did the last time we went on vacation. Hope to see you there.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:08 am »
Jim, I reckon it might be very difficult to bring him but just something to consider. Is he able to enjoy your bees with you?

...JP

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 12:31:03 pm »
My wife and I don't usually travel together any more. We used to travel as a family, a lot. He is now 34, and looses more control all the time. In constant pain and heavily medicated. He goes to the bee club with me if he isn't in school. occasionally he will go out back when I am working in the hives or building them. He is working on his last 2 classes to get his first degree in web design. The drugs make it very hard for him to think. If we could take the drugs away he is very smart. He  work for AOL for 10 years. No matter how much pain he was in he always made it to work. They hired him, the first day he applied (normally takes weeks to find out) while he was a junior in high school, had to wait until summer to be able to go through their 2 week training course. Got laid off 10 years later because they moved the call center over seas. They took care of him at the end.
Jim
Ben Franklin