Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: where is the worst place to take a sting?  (Read 9031 times)

Offline cundald

• House Bee
Re: where is the worst place to take a sting?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 02:32:39 pm »

I've found that the worst place to take a sting is anywhere on the wife or neighbor!! :shock:

;)

I agree about the wife and neighbers.  The first time out to the hives, she got stung on the inside of the bend of the elbow. Days later she is still hurting her.

I must be one of the luck ones.

Me, within the last two week I've only been stung five time.
one each, on the thumb, forehead, the Palm of the hand,the back of the hand and one time just above the belt line on the side.  Four were gotton about within 15 min of the event, the one between the eye still burned 3 hour later because it was hot and sweat was getting into it.

One of the following must be my salvation. A) I come from hardy beekeeper stock in my anstegry, B) I've built up a good tolerance to sting or C) the lord has been very kind to me.

cundald
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »
insied the nose or anywhere around the margin of the nostril :-X

bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 03:02:23 pm »
If you're a guy then I would say "south of the border"

How often does this happen?   I make a point of always wearing pants when I work bees

Believe me, they can crawl up your pants.  But I think the worst is in the face, although I have had them "south of the border"

David

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:16 pm »
If you're a guy then I would say "south of the border"

How often does this happen?   I make a point of always wearing pants when I work bees

Believe me, they can crawl up your pants.  But I think the worst is in the face, although I have had them "south of the border"

David
I have had them crawl up my leg before.  Not much fun when its happening to you but to watch it happen to someone else always cracks me up.  Nothing funnier than watching the pilsbury doboy doing the bee in the pant dance

Offline abeeco

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »
eye

Offline zzen01

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »
On your .... O never mind!  :evil:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 10:17:19 pm »
Worst place IMO is the nasal septum, that area right between the nostrils. Feels like you were cold cocked, activates the tear ducts so you can't see and your nose goes runny.

Its an awful sight!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline greenismycolor

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:01 pm »
I'm with you doak, I kinda like to get a few stings on my hands, it makes me feel better all over. 
There all a shock! but the nose is the worst pain.
Believe!

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 10:46:33 pm »
As far as lifestyle modification goes I'd say lower leg.  I got stung a couple months ago on the ankle.  Like Dragonfly, I ended up not being able to bend my ankle or put on a shoe and laid around with it elevated wrapped in ice for a couple days.  It just kept swelling when I stood very long.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 06:38:02 am »
eye

My brother got stung on his eyeball by a wasp when he was younger.  They had to take him to the hospital for it, I think mostly because they weren't sure what kind of wasp it was and they wanted to make sure it wasn't actually laying an egg that would hatch out a larvae that would consume his eye or something.  Of course he also said it was quite painful.  I've always been a little leery of wasps since then, but I'm really trying to live with them now that I know they not only eat the caterpillars that eat my garden, but also they eat up some black widow spiders, and we had a bunch of them last year.

Anyway, I have to agree with the people who said wife/neighbors.

Offline WOB419

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 01:57:46 pm »
Folks at our bee club have said that a bee sting to the eye will leave that eye blind.  I'm gonna have to take that one on faith...If someone wants to test it, just let me know how it turns out.

My brother got stung on the tip of his Johnson but he swears that it was by a wasp.  That taught him not to go al fresco when working in the produce department, and it leave us with one hilarious family story about Uncle Joe.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:26 pm »
Folks at our bee club have said that a bee sting to the eye will leave that eye blind.  I'm gonna have to take that one on faith...If someone wants to test it, just let me know how it turns out.

My brother has better vision than I do... so I'd have to say that's an urban legend... of course, he sure couldn't see out of that eye for about a week... he couldn't even open his eye for a few days.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:35 pm »
to an acupuncturist - seems a little redundant.
be happy and make others happy.

anything