Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Could I get feral bees to move up?  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Could I get feral bees to move up?
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 01:47:20 pm »
don't get tied up in knots trying to do off the wall beekeeping stuff.  start with basics and keep it simple.  you will develop your own way of doing things as you get more experience.  if  "organic" is the way you want to go, first figure out what that means to you.  you can spend lots of money trying to do new and exciting things.  your goal the first couple of years should be learning and survival.  everything else is a bonus!  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline edenviewgarden

• House Bee
  • Jane
Re: Could I get feral bees to move up?
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 04:44:26 pm »
don't get tied up in knots trying to do off the wall beekeeping stuff.  start with basics and keep it simple.  you will develop your own way of doing things as you get more experience.  if  "organic" is the way you want to go, first figure out what that means to you.  you can spend lots of money trying to do new and exciting things.  your goal the first couple of years should be learning and survival.  everything else is a bonus!  :-)

If I hadn't gotten into treating cancer with natural medicine this year, I might have looked at and gone about this whole beekeeping thing differently.  But learning what I have about our immune systems, I've applied to a beekeeping philosophy.  So no treatments and natural/small cell seems to fit and be pretty basic and simple to me.  I will probably go foundationless once I get the bees moved to save money. 

My goal is to learn as much as possible so I read, read, read!  We'll see how it goes once my feet hit the road of actual experience!  But it's all a bonus to me and the gift of yet another journey since these bees came to us!  :)

Jane
Those who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.

anything