Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: General Lawncare and Honeybees  (Read 5526 times)

Offline justgojumpit

• House Bee
Re: General Lawncare and Honeybees
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 02:23:07 pm »
Oh yeah, those ones are no good...  for this.   ;)
I have 4 of those myself, ya gotta have the little ones for a job like this.

If you made new ones, you would have some right!?!? Don't complain about not having little weed pullers if you're perfectly capable of solving that problem! :shock:
Keeper of bees and builder of custom beekeeping equipment.

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 02:51:31 pm »
I have read in a book that 1 cup marigolds and one cup geranium leaves mixed in a blender with 2 cups 20% vinegar works really well for an organic weed killer.....I'm not sure if its just the vinegar or the combo but I'm gonna try here this year for everything except dandylions.  We solved our problem of yard space by turning 900 sq ft of the back yard into a garden! :-D  Then the plants take care of the rest.  I know down south there in Denver area HOAs can be really nasty :evil:  If you dint have a nasty HOA I would just give your neighbors a jar of honey this fall and tell them sorry spraying weeds hurt my bees that make this honey so I don't do it.  I bet you would be surprised as to how many of your neighbors quit spraying their yards too... but maybe not.....
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:10 pm »
Oh I still have 3 little weed pullers, Bix is out of them.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 02:59:05 pm »
I've been planting dandelions in my yard for the last 35 years... I've NEVER sprayed them.

I always look forward to the dandelion flow.  Never spray them either.  My neighbors seem to let them grow as well. 

David

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:23 am »
Speaking of dandelions, if the neighbor's start complaining, just give them a bottle of one of these dandelion wines:

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/dandelio.asp

anything