Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mysterious Honey Discovered That Kills All Bacteria Scientists throw at it.  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Well said Edward and I second that!

a second who does not understand what he is talking about

Hehe heh heh.

Do you understand what means surgery? And hospital bacteria?

Every day and night people are injured, slipped on ice or it is car accident.
The bones are broken.  Then their injuries  are incpected.  Then surgeon group cut the point and set up bone pieces together and sustein the pieces.

And what do most plastic surgeons? - They  heal inflammated wounds and try to make good  looking injuries.

Among all this they take manuka honey and start to whip it here and there. - if they are any good?

The headline says all - mysterious. Your healing will be a mystery!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:01:06 am by Finski »
Language barrier NOT included

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
The studies I posted was from the Karolinska Institute one of the top Swedish hospitals  ;)

the title of this should probably not be "Mysterious Honey Discovered " Because this is not a mystery honey has bee used for thousands of years to heal wounds, modern medicine has develop many new and effective antibiotics that have wounderus effects and have saved many lives.

Over usage of antibiotics has created resistance and the new medicines have beecome ineffective and nothing helps, what to do? grasp after straws and try the old remedies!

The results have bee surprisingly positive and healed many who have suffered a long time.

Why settle for one medicine when you can have both.

That beeing said, hospitals most likely have high standards for the honey they eventually use in wound care.

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
The studies I posted was from the Karolinska Institute one of the top Swedish hospitals  ;)

the title of this should probably not be "Mysterious Honey Discovered " Because this is not a mystery honey has bee used for thousands of years to heal wounds, modern medicine has develop many new and effective antibiotics that have wounderus effects and have saved many lives.

top and top. It does not make honey any better where it has been researched.

But you have afford to say about my surgeon boy "if he is any good".
You mean that in Finland who ever can walk fromstreet  to hospital, take a knife to hand and start to cut patients

perhaps  you have lack of evaluating realities.
It has been reseached in Oulu University and they have found something.

It has  been used "thousands of years", it tells that the writer does not know what he writes. Pure rubbish. What they use now in surgeon hospitals are surely not "home tricks".
It is not long time ago when microbia was started to understand in medicine.

"spotta inte på golvet" when tuberculosis was very common and it is less than 100 years ago.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
My boy will finish this year his studies traumatology and bone surgery. He has studied medicine 14 years.

Congratulation on that one of your offspring has beecome a doctor!

I would suggest you ask him if he or his colleagues have heard of or even use the antibacterial properties in different kinds of honey to heal burn victims or cases of wounds that have a hard time healing.

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC32305/

Is that enough to silence the crowd?  Let me say this in my medical career, I have never used honey for anything.  If it has any use it's with burn or chronic wounds.  I would not use it for any kind of acute infection.  That requires proper antibiotics.  Honey may provide an environment that may prevent infection, but it will not kill a cellulitis.  Do we use topical antibiotics for skin infections?  No.  You require antibiotics.   You can read through that article and come to your own conclusions. 

Keep in mind that I am not a physician, but rather I am a physician assistant.  I work in an er and an urgent care.  So it's not like I don't have any experience with wounds and skin infections.  As I said earlier I have seen multiple cases of resistant bacteria and have drained multiple abscesses.  So take it for what it's worth. 
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
During 50 beekeeping years I have got countles wounds in my hands in summer when I have done all kind of works. Then I have extracted honey and my hands have been greased with honey more or lees. I have not seen mysterious healings in wounds and not a single miracle.

I have had burning injuries and knife wounds up to bone.

Then I should  believe stories about blaa blaa..

And positive attitude on wound healing, hah hah.

Jodide is a good stuff to stop inflammations in wounds.

.only miracle in my life is that when we stealed dynamite hundred of kilos and we blowed them for fun, none on our gang did not died or lost hands.

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
".only miracle in my life is that when we stealed dynamite hundred of kilos and we blowed them for fun, none on our gang did not died or lost hands."

Finski, I thought you were Sweidish.....not a member of the IRA.   :lau: :lau:
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
>I thought you were Sweidish

You are brave to call a Finnish man a Swede especially one who plays with dynamite...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
You are brave to call a Finnish man a Swede especially one who plays with dynamite...

duck and cover  :jerry: :lau:

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
Michael B....everyonce in a while it does a body good to cause a little discontent, and if Finski is like me who knows his oldshimmers could kick in at anytime and he will never never be the wiser.    ROFLMAO
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
>I thought you were Sweidish

But real Sweidish plays with honey. That is jammi jammi.

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
A little bit of a gravedig, but I got a journal today.  I never signed up for the stupid thing.  It's called ostomy wound management.  Some lovely pictures in there.  They had an ad for medihoney.  Found this website.  Seemed appropriate to post here.

http://www.medihoneydressings.com/
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
This Easter I spent a wonderful long weekend with family and relatives up North  :-D

I asked my sister who is a District Nurse if they use honey bandages in treatment of wounds.

Yes she said, mostly for leg ulcers and foot ulcers, but not If the patience are diabetics.

This beeing said they buy there dressings from Medical Companies and not the local beekeepers.

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Where do new medicines come from?
be happy and make others happy.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
old medicine and nature  :-D

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
old medicine and nature  :-D