Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello From Michigan!  (Read 2379 times)

Offline christin

• Brood
Hello From Michigan!
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:20:25 am »
I signed up for this forum last year, but haven't been active in the forums. Ahhh, but it's bee time. So I'm back to gather up more information and learn from everyone's expirience. A little about me:

I officially have one hive that is thriving and busting at the seams with bees (possibly a split coming) I keep my bees on the property of a family friend (adopted grandfather aka  "Mack-Daddy") I just installed two packages of bees last week, all by myself (yay!)

So all together I will be helping with the management and upkeep of 7 hives this year. Last year we had 5 hives. So this makes my second season as a beekeeper, and I'm looking forward to many more--our little apiary is taking off!

Besides bees I love bugs of all types and have a lot of interesting pets :) Looking forward to learning from everyone's bee wisdom :)

Offline ScottT

• New Bee
Re: Hello From Michigan!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:41 am »
Where are you? I'm near Adrian.
I have no bees. But theres always tomorrow.

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:17:07 am »
Yes, I also am in Michigan, near Muskegon. Also curious to your location. ??
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:53:11 am »
Greetings from SW MI!

Welcome and you can get lots of information and opinions here!  Woohoo! Packages are fun to put in, and even more fun to watch them take off and build.

Rick
Rick

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:59:48 am »
Christin.  Welcome to our forum, this is the place that you can learn, tell us more of your adventures with the bees.  Ask any question that your heart desires, all questions are good ones and deserve great answers, they will.  Good that you are going strong here.  Have that beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:27 am »
Hi, from S.Cen. Alabama.  Welcome to the best forum on the planet!  Your gonna love it here. :)

anything