Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A girl and two spiders  (Read 19397 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: a girl and two spiders
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:48 pm »
Iddee, I've heard that Bjorn is lesbian trapped in a man's body.  That's what started the whole queen marking thing...:-D
You Bad :evil: :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 12:15:19 am »
Someone mention a pink tutu?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 12:18:35 am »
We're waiting for the video.............. :-D

Offline Rosalind

• House Bee
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:13 am »
Personally, I don't think much of anyone that accepts, takes part in, or sits idle, and says nothing about the somewhat questionable conversation regarding blacks, gays, women or any other group, then gets all P.C. when their particular group is all of a sudden thrown into the mix.

See, I think you're looking at it from the perspective of building society up and creating a better world. I look at it more like, the Jerks of the world are practically wearing t-shirts that say, "Hi there! I'm a prejudiced jerk!" so that everyone else can avoid them. I used to think, like you, that there was a serious benefit in a civil society where we all have to get along, to follow certain rules of etiquette--what else is etiquette and Please, Thank You, etc. for, if not for making life easier? Like driving on the right side of the road or obeying stop signs, it just makes life that much easier to get through. And one hopes that eventually, the prejudiced folks would see enough of the world and enough people that they might let go of their prejudice and realize we're all just folks.

But the attitude and discrimination comes through anyway. It doesn't go away, it goes underground, and it's still there. Because it's not obvious, because the Jerks know they have to have tokens, it gives people false hope that spending their efforts fighting jerks is worth their time--if they try hard enough, surely their competence and intelligence will change the minds of Jerks! And now I've watched many of my colleagues waste decades of their lives trying to change the minds of Jerks. It's not worth it, I think we're better off spending that energy building something for ourselves.
Chickens, turkeys, 2 dogs, 3 cats, lots and lots of bees!

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2011, 09:16:16 am »
I agree Rosalind.

And if it was just a bunch of homeboys talking crap around a campfire, I could care less about wasting my time.

When it comes to a public forum where thousands see the one-sided attitude displayed, then I personally feel that if nothing else is said, it does tend to display to others that this is the norm. I understand others who have quit beating their heads against the wall when it comes to ignorance, bias, racism, and anything one could throw in. I see it in my own family. They hide behind certain values in their mind, some based on what was taught, some religious, and will never consider the impact of what they say.

Maybe if just one at a time, but a group, we can take the time to openly debate or discuss these attitudes and opinions, it may mean nothing to the ones I have been chatting with. It may be more along the lines of just letting others know that there are those out there with the same views. It does over time, take it's toll when it's just 20 guys are all making snide off colored jokes, and nobody cares enough to respond.

My gripe didn't even start as an opposing view. My point was....why does anyone feel they need to come to a open forum such as this and espouse their ideas here. To promote ethnic separation and use such terms by calling others queer, to me just seems wrong on so many levels.

And if each group being denigrated, and I'll use M.B. as example since he commented on it....knows that nobody is willing to say a thing, then I think we are all less for it.

Yes, we can all ignore it. I guess that is why some feel the need to go public with such personal feelings. Their neighbors, coworkers, and past friends, probably quit listening long ago.  :-D

All are welcome in my house. But sit down in front of my family at dinner, and start calling people queer, nig---s, and gooks, and you will not be invited back. That is my take on it.

What amazes me, is the lack of respect for those who simply do not want to read about such things on a forum. And their apparent lack of concept that this forum contains folks from all walks of life. And that perhaps a better approach or restraint should be, or could be, used.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:47 am »
Nice, long speeches. Now, the truth. The true ignorance is shown when someone suggests a rattlesnake and a bunny rabbit should be treated the same when encountered. There are signs from knowing the history of anything that signals one as to how to treat that thing. If those signs are ignored, that many times becomes the Darwin award. You can't get much dumber than that.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 10:46:22 am »
Nice, long speeches. Now, the truth. The true ignorance is shown when someone suggests a rattlesnake and a bunny rabbit should be treated the same when encountered. There are signs from knowing the history of anything that signals one as to how to treat that thing. If those signs are ignored, that many times becomes the Darwin award. You can't get much dumber than that.

I'm not "encountering" anything. I am questioning your need to "fight evil", stand up for, and "encounter" anything on a forum in the manner you do.

I know the type. Society went down hill when they took prayer out of the schools. As a good Christian, you must stand up, defend, denigrate, and confront "evil" at every turn. Blame is cast upon others for failures for a multitude of things. And it's easy to find excuses while delving into other people's lives, business, and sins. Some feel righteous for taking a stand and denigrating others, while casting stones. It makes themselves feel worthy. It makes themselves feel justified by doing what they see as the right thing to do.

But usually what you get is a lack of empathy, sympathy, and compassion. What it turns into is a twisted excuse to denigrate, attack, make fun of, and as you say "be confrontational" in these manners.

If you want to stand on the street corner and yell "Queer" while spewing what only could be justified in your mind, the right thing to do...or say those thing's on a forum such as this....just please do understand that others may reply and suggest a better approach.

People I know, who probably have the same viewpoint as you, come across, and make further strides, when they are not yelling "queer" and telling denigrating "off colored jokes" in their everyday lives. People who do this are usually seen as ignorant, and no matter what religious doctrine, or personal opinion, are seen as less than what they see themselves.

I know you could not possible understand this. But I was hoping anyways.  ;)
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 10:57:25 am »
Oh, I definitely understand. No politician could make a lie sound any better. Congratulations on making the truth sound so terribly wrong. You do have a knack for it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Rosalind

• House Bee
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 12:06:29 pm »

When it comes to a public forum where thousands see the one-sided attitude displayed, then I personally feel that if nothing else is said, it does tend to display to others that this is the norm.

Very good point. I am impressed with your infinite patience, really.  :cheer:
Chickens, turkeys, 2 dogs, 3 cats, lots and lots of bees!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:42 pm »
I guess everyone missed the argument a while back where I was standing up for the gays being allowed openly in the military. I have and have had friends and family members of various races and sexual preferences. And I have told the "off colored" jokes right along with them.

What are 500 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.

A good start.

Now that is an off colored joke about a group of people but no one is going to get into a big huff over it are they?

A few more groups of people. Tell me if any are off limits

Blind
Deaf
Dumb - oh excuse me - mute
Half blind
Half deaf
half mute
Mentally challenged - use to be retarded
Old people
short people
Hair lips
tall people
skinny people - Twiggy had to run around in the shower to get wet.
Fat people
She also had to stand in the same place twice to cast a shadow.
Insane people
Toothless people
big nosed people
buck toothed people
big ears - Looks like a car with it's doors open
Amputees of varying degrees
People who make list
When she stood side ways and stuck out her tongue she looked like a zipper.

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 01:00:57 pm »
We're waiting for the video.............. :-D

Oh...its coming...

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »
BJ, I'm not as good at finding old threads as you are, so why don't you go find the one where you accused me of marrying my blood kin, as rednecks are expected to do. In your opinion, anyway.

Then explain to the folks on the forum whether you meant it as an off-color joke, or if you really think rednecks are that way?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 02:17:18 pm »
 :pop:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »
What are 500 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.?????

I am waiting for this answer as my hubby is a lawyer and loves lawyer jokes!!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 03:03:06 pm »
The answer was there.

"A good start."

Implying more need to be there.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2011, 03:08:41 pm »
 :-D :-D

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
Really? You never heard that lawyer joke before?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2011, 12:06:23 am »
Nope!!

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2011, 12:37:20 am »
BJ, I'm not as good at finding old threads as you are, so why don't you go find the one where you accused me of marrying my blood kin, as rednecks are expected to do. In your opinion, anyway.

Then explain to the folks on the forum whether you meant it as an off-color joke, or if you really think rednecks are that way?

So the HRC approves of jokes like this?:  http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs397.snc3/24151_112079645470597_112079055470656_251420_2606629_n.jpg
be happy and make others happy.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2011, 01:46:14 am »
Twenty years ago I couldn't stand country music but now I love just about all of it.

...JP