Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Carniolan Queen Breeders  (Read 4321 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Carniolan Queen Breeders
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:53 am »
Does anyone in Australia, other than the Casidos, breed carniolans?

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
Re: Carniolan Queen Breeders
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:19 am »
Have a chat to someone from the Queen Bee Breeders Association. They will have details about your request.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:03:12 pm »
Thanks Mardak, i didn't think of that!

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:19:01 am »
Rob MacDonald from Castlemaine wouldprobably know of any local breeders. There a swag of them around Marong, Bendigo and Castlemaine areas. A lot of the breeders are by word of mouth.

Offline ozbee

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 05:26:24 am »
 unless you live in tasmania i cant see why you would want carnolian queens  they are suited for country that has about 22 hours of summer daylight and  about eight weeks from nuc to full suppers in which many are gassed and then destroyed this is why they are used in the cold areas of Canada . even those that we produce in australia are mated across Italian drones to further  boost there vigour. are you sure your not after Caucasian  queens.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:44:13 pm »
G'day OzBee, thanks for your reply... i've had the Carniolan X Italian queens and i love them so far - i'm also trying a few others as well to see how they go but at the moment the overwintering characteristics along with the rapid build up is appealing... The caucasians from what i understand are slow to build up. It's a trial and error thing for me...

anything