Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hello from Qld austraila  (Read 1990 times)

Offline westmar

• House Bee
hello from Qld austraila
« on: December 24, 2009, 04:25:35 am »
 hi
    I'm from south west qld ,i have 28 hives at the moment plus a couple nucs on the go.i had to move my hives 240km to north east of us. moved them over June ,was a little early had to feed them sugar syrup plus poll an Patty's. for a month ,the narrow leaf broke out in july.i feed poll an Patty's right through to September.late September i thought i got a cold I'm now battling leukaemia .spent couple month down the PA ,i just got out in time to take 30kg Irene bark honey for exams.to all you bee ks have a good exams

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
Re: hello from Qld austraila
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 04:42:01 pm »
Hi Westmar

G'day from Brissy. There are quite a few Aussies on the forum and we even have our own part of the board where sometimes even those from the US come and visit.. generally we offer good (?) advise and have a fun time.. come and say g'day to all the troops.

Well, you are from the back of beyond, well past the black stump. I had no idea where Flinton was until I ran it on Google Earth. I hope you are getting a bit more honey now some of the vegetation is flowering. That seems never to be the problem here in the city as there seems there is always something in flower. I have never had to feed in the 17 years I have kept bees here.

I am sorry to hear of your leukemia. The rounds of chemo seem to take a heap of energy just to get through. I hope it goes well for you

SlickMick

Offline westmar

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 08:41:33 pm »
thanks mate

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 12:30:53 am »
Westmar, welcome to our forum, it is wonderful that you have found us.  We have many new members joining from your country, and it is great.  Sorry to hear of your health, but keep that chin up, work hard to get well.  And...stick around.  You will have many experiences and tales that you can tell us, we love to listen, we can offer advice and you will make some new friends.  Have that wonderful day, life, and wishes of great health for you.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service