Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another reason to use the Google toolbar  (Read 2873 times)

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
Another reason to use the Google toolbar
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:36:38 pm »
In case you don't know, the Google toolbar is a free browser module that you can get that has lots of features - pop up blocker, auto fill, Google search box, etc - but the main reason that I use it is that it has a bookmark feature.  If you use it you can access all of your bookmarks from any computer.  The only thing has been that there has never been a way that I know of to search within your bookmarked pages - I have hundreds if not thousands of bookmarks, and I don't always remember what they are, how they are labeled or exactly where I put them.

Anyway, I just noticed that whenever you do a Google search it gives you a list at the beginning of the results page of any hits within your bookmarks.  Awesome!  At least awesome if you are as easily entertained as I am.  Anyway, now I can very quickly find that link to the cool page on the hole punch method of queen rearing that I ran across last year.

If you haven't used the Google toolbar you should check it out - http://www.google.com/toolbar/ff/index.html
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: Another reason to use the Google toolbar
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:03 pm »
I have it, but I also have to re stack my bookmarks. Also have to resign in on every thing.
My Son's just gave me a new tower. :)doak

anything