Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Maybe the best new show on TV - Flash Foward ((CANCELED))  (Read 9532 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Maybe the best new show on TV - Flash Foward ((CANCELED))
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:43:26 am »
That may not be saying tons about the Fall Selection that the networks have handed us, but as long as this one plays out, I think they have something special.

Quick Premise: All but one or a few people on Earth go unconcious for 2 minutes 13 seconds present day, all at the same time. They all (except for a handful) see what they are doing on a particular date approximately 6 months into the future. Their recollection is solid and in most all cases it is very different from the life they live now.

One child, the young daughter of an FBI agent (her name is Charlie) had visions too, but also has insight to what the date in the future holds. She knows the names of people, very bad people that she should have no way of knowing and obvious will fill us in as weeks go by.

Very interesting story, good charcters and impressive visual effects when needed - which was probably just the first show, but hoping for more.

The thing that bothers me is that it may turn out to be another PRISON BREAK SCENARIO where something coming up soon (brother getting wrongfully executed, so other brother gets arrested and plans a prison break for them both and the next 3 seasons they are are on the run) in Flash-Foward this is played out in semi real time, then after we go through the 6 month ordeal everyone "Flash-Forwarded" to and then we have a show that now takes place real-time without anywhere to go UNLESS they have another Flash-Foward and so on and so on.

No one who has joined MOSAIC - a website started by a single branch of the FBI without permission from Homeland Security, no one of the millions of people who posted what happened to the speaks of anything cataclismic (sp) it is relatively subtle changes it peoples lives. No one is forcasting invasions from space, wars, bombs taking down entire cities, nothing like that - instead you get the barmaid who claims she is still working her mundane job, and the drunk in the corner is still there getting his daily fix of booze.

The only person of interest is D. Gibbons, a male who stole the identity of a small bakery shop owner and he ( is caught through cellphone records talking to a man caught on security tape at a baseball game awake while all the rest of the people at the game and around the world are sleeping.

We want to know who HE is and who is D. Gibbons.

It is interesting as we see premonitions exposed and how they innocently reveal themselves and what is interesting is how people react when they see someone for the first time, except of course in their flash-foward.

I'm hoping this is a very good show. Three weeks into and I am still captivated as I see players helpless in preventing the future from playing out.

Anyone else watching this show??

BY THE WAY - I still enjoy FRINGE MORE, but I think this show has lots of promise.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:19:17 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Maybe the best new show on TV - Flash Foward
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:02:47 am »
what network?  i have not even heard of it.

i love fringe also.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »
Kathy:

Seems they new it would be a hit, they put it on TV's toughest hour to battle - Thursdays at 8pm om ABC. Tossing a show up against Survivor is bold and at 9pm of course is Fringe on Fox. I watch Flash Forward, then Fringe, and I'll watch survivor on thw FANCAST/CBS sites later.

Don't forget, you can watch all the past shows to catch up on

http://abc.go.com/watch/flashforward/235637 at ABC http://www.fancast.com/tv/FlashForward/104541/full-episodes at Fancast.

everything in high def. There has been 4 episodes so far, so one night to catch up should be fun! All run around 45 muinutes. Enjoy this, let me know what you think.

Amost left out ABC has a new view with a builtin time line slideshow - you move your mouse along the time line and it shows still shot of their shows AT that point in time - just a handy little refernce tool. But in exchange, they added the biggest PITA thing I've seen in a while, you need to click a CONTINUE button to advance shows after commercials, the commercials thenselve are often some JAVA like game based on the product they are sponsored by.

It is a tough choice, Fancast can rytmically freeze for a split second every 6 or 7 seconds - just enough to catch the eye and be annoying, but the commercials return to the show effortlessly. Where ABC has the above flaw but streams the fullscreen image without a blip of streaming freezes. Both are high depth, neither looks greatly different, although I fancy ABC for some unknow reason.

Love TC series on the web, I remember the first time Realplayer cane out, I'd sit there struggling with dial up to listen to a radio program (forget about TV shows then) my wife would leave the room cause of the freezing, bufferring abd such - but I saw the future and it has surpassed what I expected from streaming media.

Just think, yesterday I download 6 movies, to watch on the HDTV and at work on the Netbook, and 4 audiobooks, three by favorite authors. All while watching other movies I downloaded the night before - amazing. Indeed we are n the Entertainment age, the communication age still exists, as all ages do in some form, but now people want to watch everything WHEN they want to watch it, and with few exceptions, they can.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:31:15 pm by beemaster »

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:44 pm »
OK I watched the first eposide of this program and I was completely captivated for all the same reasons as you. It is very interesting to see the future unraveling for these people. People who would never cheat on their spouses, etc. I only saw the first one because I was away for a few weeks.  I will continue to watch this Thursday.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:16:28 am »
Annette:

I'm so pleased to hear from you, it has been a long time. I surely hope all is well? Doing ok here, what I like to call a 4 on a 10 scale - which ain't bad :)

Glad you liked the show, it sure did have a whopper of an opening, which I hope I didn't give any away? The effects look great, as do those in the upcoming film 2012 with John Cusack, although the trailers make it seem silly based, case in point - he is driving a car for miles with the eoad collapsing just behind his car, and later as they take off in a plane the same thing, the ground collapses only feet behind the plane as it trys to get air born.

I mentioned yesterday that I will be doing a lot of video movie relviews in this section (might make a review movie section where people can add their own spin on films they like (both curent and classics, whether good or bad) my word usage is getting bad, I review what I type and find that about almost 20 percent of important words in sentences are NOT the right words I thought I was typing.

I still like using the AUDIO to TEXT software, but I'm most comfortable in front of the camera, it allows everyone to better know me and I enjoy the interaction it gets :) By the way, blame this botched spelling as not wearing my reading glasses. The keyboard is a blurr and I'm going by my mediocre touch typing skills.

But video movie reviews, a dream come true for me - I love sharing opions of what I watch and I see over a hundred movies (easily) a year - from mainstream to Sundance and Cannes. I watch them all and I like to think my opinion may spark people into seeing things they never would normally see.

So, I'm working midnights, gut got a lot of sleep before going into work last night. I'm in my PJs (what I wear when ever in my home) nut with movie magic, I can just toss a shirt on anf film from the waste up and no one would know the diference :)

I encourage others to do the sme, if they have simple or fancy webcams, or just want to add a rewiew of films they have seem, where good or bad. I like the 5 star system using half star intervals - it allows you to give a movie a 1-10 review basically and I'm not expecting people to run out and see movies on our reviews, but today few pwople leave their homes to see movies - technology is a wonderful thing.

Bless you my dear friend, I smiled when I saw your avatar this morning, what a wonderful way to start my day :)

John

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:58:38 pm »
Thanks John for your kind words. All has been extremely well for me, just been away for a while on vacation and took a seminar on making natural products (creams, lotions, etc). So it has all been fun for me.

Actually I don't watch much TV because we did not have a TV for about 15 years and I so much enjoyed just reading, walking and doing other things.  But last year I broke down and finally bought a TV because my husband went on a long trip to India and I felt a bit lonely. Funny thing, my husband is the one who never wanted the TV so we did not have one, and now my husband is the one watching it.  Somehow, I still haven't been that attracted to the medium. But every once in a while, I turn it on and end up watching a program.  I was very attracted to that program Flash Forward. Well I just love that actor "Fiennes" (can't remember his first name). Very good actor. And the whole concept that we can't change our destiny even if we know what it is. (although I really don't believe this)

I also love watching movies.I have Netflix and just love being able to pick and choose what I want. Mostly I just love being transported away for a couple of hours and forgetting everything. Just a few things in life that accomplish that ;) ;)

OH and don't forget the popcorn. I pop Orville Redenbacher in peanut oil in a popper called a whirly pop. When done, I add nutritional yeast, chili powder, vegit seasoning and salt. Boy oh boy, I could eat a whole huge bowl of this stuff myself and usually do.

Take care
Annette

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 06:17:24 pm »
i am watching.  looks like a winner.  can't believe that i missed this one.  don't even remember seeing the promos.  don't really watch abc except for lost.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:25 pm »
My wife brought this show to my attention..  :jawdrop:  when I got home from workin on the road couple of  weeks ago.  She's not exactly  Si Fi enthusiast but even she seems to enjoy this one!   
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 12:45:12 am »
It was very exciting last night. Just how "They" are trying to figure out what happened, while everyone is living out there future.

I didn't want it to end

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 02:51:35 pm »
I love this show, can't wait for it to start back up this spring :-D
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:54 pm »
I love this show, can't wait for it to start back up this spring :-D

Is that what happened to it?  I finally convinced my hubby to sit down and watch it with me, and then nothing-----I was so upset and looked for it each week to see when it plays. 

So tell me more please.  When it will start, will the story line just continue??  How does this all work.  Let me know what you find out

Annette

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »
Annette it starts back up in April right after NCAA basketball torny

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 09:26:26 pm »
I have to wait until April?? I will have forgotten the whole story line by then.

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »
Just to give an update on FlashForward its on tonight from 7pm to 9 pm CST.  Just for those that wanted to know.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »
I like the look of it, that and I caught "V" on hulu and it will be continuing soon. - like to see how both of them play out, both look easy to write themselves into a corner and then go ridiculous to get themselves out.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 12:49:17 am »
OH Darn, missed it.  Can I find any reruns anywhere???  I have been waiting for months for this.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 06:16:31 am »
annette, you may be able to catch up at ABC.com I cant swear to it, but that would be a good place to check.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 09:57:40 pm »
Flash Forward has been canceled also, along with Happy Town. I haven't seen the last 2 episodes of Flash Forward, but I hope it doesn't BITE the BIG ONE like Happy Town did. I enjoyed this show, the only problem I saw was that they brought into the show the probability of MULTIPLE Flash Forwards making it as hard to follow as Heroes when they jumped all over time, something (although I never watched it) LOST supposedly did very well.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:00 pm »
Darn, I have been waiting for the next season to come onto Netflix.  It was so good and finally something I like to watch.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 11:59:54 pm »
I find it a little strange that a lot of shows I like get canceled. And a lot of lousy shows go on and on like that pink bunny  :tumbleweed:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything