Welcome, Guest

Poll

I want wallpaper size images and each month they are judged an a winner is crowned - good idea?

I WOULD  ENTER MY HIGH-RES PHOTOS each month to see if I win a month or more!
10 (19.6%)
I may not enter photos, but I sure will vote.
18 (35.3%)
I don't have a megapixal camera yet.
1 (2%)
A have both film and QUALITY Video production.
1 (2%)
I like seeing films and still shots in the forum VERY MUCH!
12 (23.5%)
I probably will follow who is winning,  b might not vote for whatever reason.ut
2 (3.9%)
I love contests, this one is like American Idol :)
3 (5.9%)
Have fun but I'm not interested.
2 (3.9%)
I hate your polls, your polls stink, die Beemaster, Die!!!
2 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Would you either PARTICIPATE or VOTE in a MOnthly Photo Contest?  (Read 2489 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Would you either PARTICIPATE or VOTE in a MOnthly Photo Contest?
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:51:29 pm »
Hi Everyone:

I have created two forums one a treasure chest of your best wallpaper image for everyone (from kids doing projects to teacher showing a slideshow, to just us sharing this FREE collection of ALL OUT GREAT IMAGES. THAT WILL BE THE WALLPAPER ARCHIVE - Divided into TWELVE MONTHS as time goes by that way if you have a holiday wallpaper in mind you know which months to look in

Finally there is the MONTHLY WALLPAPER PHOTO CONTEST - here you need to submit you wallpaper to be judged each month by moderator elimination, the member vote for the best photo of the month.

HERE ARE MY POLL QUESTIONS - I want EVERYONE'S INPUT PLEASE. Thank You.  YOU HAVE 4 OPTIONS IN THIS POLL not JUST ONE - FOUR, so please try to help me make the forum even better!

P.S. Please use image shack or other service that offer THUMBNAILS - our Images shack Turoral below this line will EASILY walk you through making THUMBNAILS - but if you can't compress it, try to keep it UNDER 180K for a 1024 X 768 Image. Good luck.

we'll have an upload file of all the MONTHLY WINNERS and of course EACH MONTHS FOLDER and THE GENERAL WALLPAPER FOLDER'S will FLOURISH!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: Would you either PARTICIPATE or VOTE in a MOnthly Photo Contest?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:27:28 pm »
hmm, i had a few question, but didn't want to "litter" the wallpaper forum.
now, you answerd to most of my question so..
but still, if we are to make a calendar, shouldn't the pics be the best possible? i mean...i dunno what to post, the high res, gets to 4 Mb, but as you shrink it..you destroy it so..i think you really oughta put an exact size. or is the 1024x786 the one?

also..why october photos? shouldn't we do what we have-that is september, i mean..i just can't see how i could make october theme photos in september, well maybe some could be cheated but still?

oh btw, nothing personal, but the last option in the poll looked just too good to be left blank :-D

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:55:19 am »
Sounds like fun.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:14:16 am »
I'd do both (participate and vote) when I'm able & available.  I like photos.  :)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:56:20 am »
Mici: sometimes I wonder about you - I'm sure you'll pass on a 4 meg photo to someone wanting the fullsized one - if not. well host it. But NOT EVERY ENTRY can be a contender. they are not all winners JUST because they are 4 megs big. so keep them 1024X768 - or if you must 2048x1536 (your time not mine) and dialuppers won't even look.

Just keepin' it real :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 10:55:51 pm »
Yeh, I'd like to participate and vote too...But....You reminded me of our "Dialuppers" which I am one because of where I live. I am usually traveling at 24.6K. That wont stop me from trying tho!
  You may remember me in the voice chat some time ago. Everything was broken up getting to me because of my INCREDIBLY slow speed. I'll bet I may have the slowest internet connection in America!
your friend,
john

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 10:57:41 pm »
How about a little fun and we include some photoshop contests with that?

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 11:19:04 pm »
 :-D  Yeh, PHOTOSHOP!!

Your friend
john

anything