Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Have this happen before  (Read 1819 times)

Offline tom

• House Bee
Have this happen before
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:39:46 am »
Howdy Guy's

I know you all have heard this from me in my last posting but i read what happen in my A I Root book. I killed the old queen this morning and put the new one in this evening ok the bees went crazy over her they was not trying to sting her or bite her but was feeding her and fanning thier wings and the whold hive came to where she was is this good or bad.

Tom

Offline keeper007

• House Bee
Have this happen before
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:44:22 am »
thats good it means there excepting her let them free her than your good to go :D
"Suspect everyone, even those beyond suspicion"
-Steve Leopard/Cirque du Freak

Offline latebee

• House Bee
Have this happen before
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 07:38:14 pm »
Glad your requeening went so well. The only thing I might have done differently would be to temporarily save the old queen,just in case the new one was rejected or flew away.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline tom

• House Bee
Took a look
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 12:48:06 am »
Hello

I did something good first of all i took a look in my second hive after i thought they were swarming on me but they was just doing thier play flight and the hive is getting full i may add a super in a few days to a week. But now for the third hive that i requeened i placed the cage were i could see it thru the inner cover hole and she was goone and the bees seem to be more quieter then it has been and they seem to be working a lot better but now all of them have slowed down from working so i think what ever was blooming is gone.

Tom

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Have this happen before
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 04:04:14 am »
If the hive is calmer then you can be fairly certain the hive not only accepted the queen but is well satisfied with her.  
As for the slowing down it is possible that a flow might be on the wane but it could also be that they have slowed down inorder to let the queen go to work, not putting the hive into a honey bound situation between introduction of the queen and when she is up to speed.  They might have even shifted some of there inside the hive activity to relocating honey inorder to give the queen a more compact laying area--they would do this by delaying the graduation of nurse bees into foragers.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything