Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: One of "My Girls"  (Read 10854 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
One of "My Girls"
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:19:49 pm »
This is Chels on her way to Homecoming Dance.  She had fun but being inbetween moving from that school to another is weird for her & her friends.  The boy that asked her spent more time w/other girls, most likely fishing for whomever is going to take her place when she leaves :-x  Told her that no guy should have the power to decide if she has fun. She shoulda gone with a bunch of good girlfriends for a good time.  She has grown into such a beauty!  J
 http://picasaweb.google.com/darbyfarms/MyGirls#

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: One of "My Girls"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:31:03 pm »
You are right.....she is a BEAUTY! Silly boy.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:41:46 pm »
Jody, oh what a lovely looking young woman, she does have a most beautiful look to her, thank you so much for sharing.  I love to see the pictures of our families!!  That dumb boy eh?  He doesn't know what he gonna be a'missin'!!!  Moving schools is very difficult for the youth, I hope all works well for her and her new group of friends, that she will soon make.  Have a great and most wonderful day,  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:43:44 pm »
 She's beautiful!!!
 She looks so much like one of my nieces years ago! I bet you have this picture over your mantle, right?

your friend,
john

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 11:20:17 pm »
Jody,
Congrats, what a beautiful girl. Oh, How I wish we could convey to our little ones the lessons of life before they had to learn them on their own. I hope that she went to the dance with a happy heart. My oldest is just now 14 and boy is it hard watch her learning the lessons of life sometimes when it comes to life in middle school.
Best of luck with that cutie in the coming years. With looks like that it won't be easy!!!
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:57:19 am »
You got your hand's full with her the boy's will be knocking on your door soon.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 02:26:40 pm »
You got your hand's full with her the boy's will be knocking on your door soon.
**sigh** they already are!  I tell them they have to pass the physical...digging fence holes, splitting & stacking wood & hauling/stacking hay.  Amazingly it doesn't scare em off :shock: They look shocked & Chels turns red! The things a guy will do for a pretty girl!! :evil:  I scared one the other day..he was in the hallway @ Chels's door & I said in my very best authoritative (low)Mom & Daycare provider voice "Just what are you doing in my hallway??"  He musta jumped 3 feet!  hee hee!! Oh the fun!  :evil: :evil: I have a very no nonsense voice & tone when I need it!  All those years of working w/kids & training animals!   It is so hard to watch them struggle but it is necessary for growth.  She does recognize manipulation because of her mother..Shame, you are supposed to be nurtured & safe w/family..really hard for a kid to realize that she is used as a pawn.. :-x J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:26:40 am »
Jody, I am so glad that Chels has come to live with you, her life with be enlightened and improved in so many ways, you are a wonderful woman, that shines through, and she will one day thank her lucky stars.  You keep on going girl, you maka me proud!!

You are a brat too.  That poor boy, he must thought that he was gonna have to be runnin' out that ol' back door window!!!  Have a great and wonderful day and life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »
You have a great looking young lady there, my eldest is 15 and she gets mad at me for grilling the boys, I try telling her its a DAD thing but she does not care.
Never occured to me to put them to work, might have to give that a go.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 11:55:19 pm »
She is beautiful Jody. Boys are stupid, they just don't get it at that age(sadly some never change either) and he will regret it someday. My 2 oldest girls are 19 and almost 21 and I have been through all the stupid boy stuff.

Frantz, you could NOT pay me to go through the middle school years ever again.(shudder)
You know, I do believe that there is no meaner age on this earth than kids at that age. My experience has also been that girls seem to big bigger bullies than the boys.

I can tell the character of boys by the way they act when we are doing heavy work around the house.
Both of the girls have boyfriends.
Last summer we were moving 12 yards of soil that we had delivered around to the back of the house and I was killing myself to get it done, Boyfriend number 1 pulls into the driveway, says hello and walks by.
They come out later and go to get into his car and he says wow you are doing a great job and goes to his car. I yell yeah thanks for the help.
My husband had run to the hardware store and he was angry about it later when I told him.
He is a nice kid but this just annoyed me. I can tell he will be the type to hire people to do all his yardwork.
He lives on 70 acres and he isn't required to mow the lawn or anything else.

Boyfriend number 2 comes over later on and before he ever went in to see my daughter and without saying a word grabs a shovel and starts working.
After we finished a friend showed up with his pickup truck to take away a truckload of big rocks. This boyfriend (after cleaning himself up and getting ready to go out with my daughter) came back out of the house to say goodbye and saw my husband throwing the rocks in the truck.
He automatically starts helping. I told him he had done enough and that he just got cleaned up to go out and would get dirty.
He just took his shirt off so it wouldn't get dirty and helped til it was finished.
What a difference.But I think it has to do with upbringing as well.

I say it doesn't hurt to put them to work if they offer. I don't really expect it but I think its nice if they offer and shows a little appreciation, both of them have gone many places with us at our expense and Lord knows how much food they have eaten over the years.  :-D

I wish your girl all the best. She will do fine.

anything