Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: B Rated Movies  (Read 4633 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
B Rated Movies
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:02:01 am »
I used to work with a guy who would make it a habit of finding weird, strange, and just sometimes cool movies that were "B" rated and few had seen.

A couple that few have seen....

Blue Velvet

and

Barfly

Both are classics in many ways.

Anyone else have some B-rated movies that are off radar but worth the effort of locating?

Thank you.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: B Rated Movies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:10:24 am »
I don't know if this fits into your "B" category or not Mike, but one of my favorite movies was "Legend". It's a fantasy movie starring a young Tom Cruise.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:22:19 am »
Check out Wendigo.  A good portion of it was filmed on my parents property and surrounding areas.   There are some actors you will recognize as well.   
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »
"Cube" really bizarre. "Amelie" odd french movie. My son used to love bringing really offbeat movies over and surprising me with them. I can't really give you an outline on either, partly because of memory decay, and partly because they were so odd I didn't have a firm grasp on a plot anyway.- Of the two though, I would say CUBE was probably the most puzzling. (He also had one called Pi - which I never got to see but he insisted was great)
be happy and make others happy.

anything