Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Starting my 1st bee hive  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Brian51

• New Bee
Starting my 1st bee hive
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:25 pm »
Hello, I live by cincinnati I am going to start my 1st bee hive in spring 2014 I could use all the info you could give thanks

Offline Sunnyboy2

• House Bee
Re: Starting my 1st bee hive
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:19:51 am »
Good luck.  Join a local bee club, find a local mentor. Good info here, specific area info there.
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:13:46 am »
read back through all the old posts in the forum here...many things have been asked and discussed already it has a wealth of info.

Offline S.Rummings

• House Bee
    • Organic Fertilizer
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »
Welcome!

By the time you get your bees you should already be an expert.  :roll:

It is good that you made your decision to start in time to get in some local bee clubs and have a chance to look in some hives. One thing I wish I would have done differently is I wish I would have put more effort into getting local bees instead of ordering packages from down south. I didn't know where to look so I took the easy route. Local bees would have been just as easy if I knew where to look. No, there probably won't be enough to go around but you'll get yours if you put your order in this summer.

Offline Brian51

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:22:57 pm »
Thank you that makes a lot of sense I will start looking for local bee keepers and asking around

Offline marliah

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »
I agree on the local bees! My second batch of bees were a packages shipped in and they failed :( had a great time with my local nuc hive i got though!
Tara
beekeeper in central Maine
Finally getting bees again! 6/12/13

anything