Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sticky papper test  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Tightwad

• House Bee
Sticky papper test
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:40 am »
I just Removed the sticky papper from my strongest hive after 24 hr. And this is the first time aver doing this boy I had no idea what I will fine. And it looks like I have around 25 mites and I all so found small larva like maggots. I'm guessing they are SHB ?  Is this right ? They where vary small, is there any thing I need to do?  I do have two SHB traps in the hive but the last time in the hive no SHB where in the traps or running around in the hive that I say!!!

Offline rober

• Field Bee
Re: Sticky papper test
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:19:10 am »
tightwad-
 do you belong to any local bee groups? 3 rivers or e.m.b.a would probably be a help to you. there's also a new group that meets at schaffly's bottle works in maplewood. most of the folks in that group are also in one of the 2 mentioned groups.

Offline Tightwad

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:15:31 am »
Yes I do three river.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:16:28 am »
I don't have SHB here, but wax moths will quite frequently crawl through the bottom screen to get away from the bees.  Down there they eat the debris, grow large, and eventually pupate if left alone long enough.  The wax moth larva also looks like a maggot too in the earlier instars.

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 04:05:05 am »
the two look fairly similar actually, the wax moth and the SHB, though wax moths will give you webs all over the place usually, and shb's are spiky on the front.

http://www.forestryimages.org/browse/subimages.cfm?SUB=9335&desc=9

anything