Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from South East Ga  (Read 1866 times)

Offline jesuslives31548

• New Bee
Hello from South East Ga
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:14:31 pm »
Hello, I'm new here !!! I'm a 38 years old, married for 20 years, a firefighter-paramedic. I use to run a 300 hive Bee operation in the early 90's.  Lost all my hives then to pesticide spray. ( LONG STORY). Anyway 17 years later with my now 13 year old son we are starting into Hobby Bee Keeping. I'm starting with two new hives and package bee's, with a goal of 15 hives in the future. Anyway open to advise and glade to say hello............

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hello from South East Ga
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »
Welcome to the forums neighbor. I live just on the other side of the line and if I can help you please just let me know.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:12:02 am »
jesuslives31548.  Welcome to our forum, glad you found us.  What a travesty, losing that many hives to a poisoning, a real bummer.  Glad that you have the gumption to get up and going again and that your son is going to help you, cool.  You will have questions, lean on us, we will help you, if you ever find that spare moment, tell us about the poisoning.  We all need to know these types of things, in case it ever happens to us.  I had a very tiny experience with poisoning last year, my fault, the bees carried a little ant bait back to their hive and cause quite a few deaths.  The colony recovered, but boy did I learn a lesson, never thought about bees being attracted to ant bait and finding it in kind of a hidden spot, lessons learned.  Welcome, enjoy your stay and have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:58:04 am »
Welcome to the forums Jesus!!! You do know that people from all over have been searching for you for a very long time?

Do forum members get discounts on baptisms??? ;) :-D

Sorry, couldn't help myself, welcome to beemaster!!! ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything