Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Any Bee Haver Wanna Bees Other Than Me?  (Read 995 times)

Offline The Bees Ankles

• New Bee
Any Bee Haver Wanna Bees Other Than Me?
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:56 pm »
I keep reading every day, anticipating my next bee club meeting and bee school and most of all looking forward to actually having bees some day... someday I hope to entice a nice bunch of feral bees into my yard and turn them into survivor bees and re-domesticate them little gals.
Seems like each time I learn a new word or little something, then I go back and re-read something I already read and that little something expands my ability to comprehend the thing I read earlier.
My cranium is about to explode.  ---insert exploding smiley icon here---  :roll:
So, today I read that George Imirie coined the term "Bee Haver" and it finally sunk in to this cottage cheese brain. I'm a wanna be bee haver :)
I don't know who the admins are but I would like to ask if maybe they've ever considered an additional forum with us depraved, unprofessional, acreage deprived and/or urban, backyard, wanna save the bees type bee havers in mind.
I don't even have any bees yet, I'm just collecting wooden ware and protective gear and other misc stuff for the spring. I'm reading the posts daily and re-reading my books daily and hoping someday someone will let me look at their bees up close and maybe even let me hold a frame with bees or something.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Any Bee Haver Wanna Bees Other Than Me?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »
Where are you in La? If close to N.O., contact JP. He may even let you band in a few frames of brood on a few of his cut outs. I doubt if he would charge you much at all. :D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*