Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Vote in the USA Today gun poll  (Read 14942 times)

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
Re: Vote in the USA Today gun poll
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:07 am »
Ga. law allows carry on person with permit, concealed or open was my concern.
doak :) :)
Here's a map proving you are right about Georgia. Most states make an distinction between carrying out in the open and on your person. This map showing Massachusetts and Georgia being somewhat equal when it comes to open carry proves there is more than this than the map shows. If you were pulled over by law enforcement in both states I can guarantee you the experience wouldn't be pleasant in MA. like it might be in Georgia.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 04:16:16 pm »
I have been pulled over in GA with guns on board.  Never a problem accept for once when it was loaded and in a brief case.  The cop asked if I had any guns and I said yes.  He asked where I told him my brief case "locked".  Unfortunately it was loaded too which was my mistake.  He took it from me but all charges were dropped and I picked it up at the station with the bullets the next morning.  The cop even told me when he confiscated it where to come pick it up the next day.  So not even really a slap on the wrist.

BTW:  I was speeding and that's why I got pulled over.  The cop got so excited about the gun he never wrote me the speeding ticket and the end result was it cost me nothing but just taught me a lesson.  Now my gun rides in the passenger seat loaded and ready for action if some dirt bag decides to give me the business.

I have just never taken the time to get a permit.  All the women have conceal permits and about half of us guys.  I pity the fool that tries something on my mother when she is packing.  She has an itchy trigger finger and the undisputed best shot of the family.  Super nice lady don't get me wrong but wouldn't bat an eye to defend herself or others.
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:07 pm »
I agree completely. The semantically correct answer would be no, however, since I very much doubt that the people conducting the poll would know the fine legal difference - I would still answer yes. It's not a SCOTUS based debate location.

yep too bad there's no place for comments. Mine would just be one of thousands anyway.
be happy and make others happy.

anything